61: so many ways to skin a cat

61: so many ways to skin a cat #DWTDWP

#DWTDWP

Pi

"Stop calling me I am--"

"Pi listen," narinig kong wika ni Zero mula sa kabilang linya. I didn't bother checking who called in the first place dahil kanina pa tawag nang tawag si Flavio at galit na galit. Siya ang itinalaga ni daddy na gumawa sa trabahong ito but of course I wouldn't let that happen.

So I drugged his coffee, stole his car and drove to where the men are waiting.

"Oh, Zero! Where on Earth are you?"

"Pi, retreat."

What? Saan na ang Zero na hindi uurong sa unumang bagay? And why is he telling me to retreat?

"You know our hunches about Flavio is right all along but it's more than that Pi--"

"I know."

"This is so much more than you expected. The trip you're going is not to negotiate but to meet the Russian boss--"

Napangisi ako sa sarili. "You know I am very persuasive, maybe I can persuade the boss to kill Flavio?"

Napabuntong-hininga siya. "Stop acting cutesy and listen. Kapag tinuloy mo 'yan you're good as dead."

Okay, that was like crossing the line. I can't die, I mean I wouldn't like to die. And hello? My death could mean my baby's safety too, what the hell is Zero saying?

"Nasaan ka Pi?" he sounded really worried at tila natataranta.

"On the ship, we left the dock thirty minutes ago--"

"Damn!" he hissed. "Huwag mong patayin ang telepono. You'll be out of reach in few minutes. May nakakarinig ba sayo?"

I know this voice of him. It's the tone he used when he mean heck you're dead meat pero kinalma ko pa rin ang sarili kahit na natatakot na ako sa kung ano mang pwedeng manyari. I looked around to see if anyone was nearby.

"No, the men are away and kinda busy," sabi ko sa kanya. Now that I noticed it, these guys are men that I don't recognize. Dad's men, although ugly and not worth remembering are someone familiar to me. These guys seemed uglier than ever and are total stranger to me.

"You're on the wrong boat," Zero said.

"Oh, should I worry?"

He sighed. "Just calm down *&*$#@*@*#*@#=#=£$€¿®©§=£#*&(@(@#**$&"

His next words were incomprehensible dahil naging choppy ang tawag. I stared at my phone before frowning. Useless.

Pero paanong nasa maling barko ako? Anong ibig niyang sabihin? I checked the gun o my side, the one placed on my leg and the knife near my ankle at umikot sa kabilang bahagi ng barko.