"No Blake!" I scream. "How many more girls will I have to watch flirt with you? It's too much."

As I turn to walk away, Blake pulls me back and spins me so I face him. I fight back tears as he stares lovingly at me, begging me with his eyes not to leave.

"Please...I can't get hurt anymore."

"Mia WAIT. Please!" he yells. I listen.

"If I tell you the truth, will you stay?"

"...What do you mean?" I say cautiously. "And what did she mean by imprint? I don't understand this" I weep. Blake steps forward and strokes my face as he kisses away my tears.

"Trust me. I'll answer everything tonight. Meet me at the lake. 11pm."

I sigh and nod. "Ok. 10pm."

_______________

It was 9.40pm and I was just about to leave the house to make my way to the lake. I decided to walk instead of cycle, the fresh air would do me good.

As I walked down the stairs, I quickly checked my text messages. Nothing from Blake. Irritation crept up my chest. I checked again. Nothing from Chasity. Normally, my phone would buzz off the table due to how many texts she sent. As I put my phone back into my pocket, I bump into a chest wrapped in a football shirt. I look up, it's Noah.

"Watch where you're going you giant" I grumble.

"My own sister is telling ME to look where I'm going?" Noah replied feigning shock. "I should just pick you up and throw you in the bin" a cheeky grin spreads across his face.

"Noah..." I begin cautiously. "Don't you da- LET ME DOWN!" I scream as I'm hoisted over his shoulder.

"Apologize to your big bro" Noah says as he starts walking towards the garbage can.

"Are you serious?" I screech. "I have somewhere to go!"

"Oh really?" Noah chuckles. "You meeting a boy or something?"

I don't reply.

"Hold on" Noah says, as he places me down. "Who is it?"

"Don't worry about it" I tut as I quickly try to escape and make a run for the door. Noah quickly grabs me and pulls me back.

"Mia, I'm serious." He says sternly. "Who is it?"

I huff as I realise I can't escape him. Noah is 6'5 for God's sake.

"I...I'm meeting Chasity" I lie.

"Chasity eh?" He says as he raises an eyebrow. "Why would she want to meet you now?"

I huff again. At this rate, I'm never going to leave on time.

"Homework" I say desperately. "Can I go now?"

Noah stares at me for a few moments before nodding his head. "Sure, have fun."

I run out of the door before he can change his mind and down the street. I start to walk again, untangling my earphones as I look up at the dark sky.

"I wonder if mom is up there" I think to myself before plugging in my earphones and listen to 'Nicotine - Panic! At The Disco'.

After some time, I finally reach the lake. The walk to it wasn't long. I look down at my phone. 10pm. Great. I start to walk around as I try to find a bench to sit on until Blake shows up. There weren't many by the lake, so I decide to walk towards the nearby forest as I knew that inside was littered with benches.

I finally find a bench and sit down as I bop my head to my indie playlist. Butterflies fill my stomach as I remember that I'm meeting Blake. I remind myself that I'm upset and try to suppress them as much as I can. I can't though. A small smile creeps across my face.

20 minutes passes by. Which eventually turns to 30. Then 40. God, where is Blake? My butterflies are replaced with irritation as I stand up and start to leave. It's 10.40pm. He has no reason to be 40 minutes late. We're through.

As I start to make my way out of the forest the crunching of the leaves underneath my feet sound louder than usual. Confused, I stop. The sound continues.

My blood runs cold. I thought I was the only one here. Wasting no time, I run however the crunching behind me gets faster.

"Leave me alone!" I scream as I force my legs to move quicker, however my body works against me as it starts to slow down.

The further I run, the deeper into the forest I get. I'm lost. I start to cry out if desperation. Why did I come? I should've listened to Noah.

As I force myself to run faster, I miss the log in front of me and run straight into it. I'm sent flying. My body hits the ground and as the weakness seeps into my muscles, I can't get up as the running footsteps get closer.

Eventually the figure stops. He's close enough.

I try my best to make out who it is, but the shadows hide his features from me.

"Please..." I start to plead. A deep chuckle emits out of the shadows and my mouth goes dry. Slowly, the figure steps out of the shadows and looks me in the eye.

Tears start to stream down my face again as I try my best to scramble back up. As my heart beats faster, the world around me spins and I'm forced to stay on the ground.

"Please" I start to beg. "Not you.... please" I whimper. "Anyone but you."