Chapter Twenty-Six

"I pick....I don't know. I need some time" I say. My heart is pounding. I'm going to lose the love of my life and I have to choose how. For her mother. For Mia.

"Do you need me to explain it all again?" Soronsbo asks gently. I nod.

"Okay. Like I said before, you have 3 options.

Option One: You let Julian "take care" of you... permanently. But I'm sure you don't want that.

Option Two: I wipe the memory of you and Mia's relationship. No one will remember it. The only person who will though, besides from me and Julian, will be Elizabeth. The pain she feels from having taken away true love from her daughter would be enough.

Option Three: You let Julian "take care" of Mia permanently. But I'm sure that's out of the question for both you and Elizabeth.

Those are your options. You can lose Mia forever, or you can lose her in memory. Either way, you must choose." Soronsbo finishes.

I stand there in silence. My mouth is dry. My palms are sweaty. Knees weak. Arms are heavy. There's vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

"What if I don't choose?" I ask. Soronsbo looks at me with his eyebrow raised and Julian laughs.

"You know that's not an option young man. You must choose. Or we will. Trust me, you don't want us to choose" he answers darkly.

"If I choose to forget...will I ever be able to mate with Mia again? Would there ever be a chance for us?" I ask desperately.

I love her. I can't lose her forever by choice.

Soronsbo sighs. "Because you're a werewolf, it's possible if someone wasn't there to distract Mia and keep her away from you. If you remember, you and her went to school together all your life but, you only discovered that she was your mate when you physically bumped into each other. If that truly is the case, we'll have to keep you away from one another if Elizabeth wants to stay human. That's where Julian comes in." Soronsbo finishes.

Julian smirks. "Your girl is about to meet a real man, furry boy" he says before walking out of the tent. "I'm off to go and save her now. Or you know...the other option. Whatever you choose." he laughs as he walks out.

I want to lunge at him but I stop myself. I don't want to do anything that'll impact Mia.

"So, what? Julian is going to make Mia fall in love with him? It won't work. Mia and I will find each other again. We always will. She's MY nerd" I say protectively.

"That may be the case to you, but I doubt it" Soronsbo chuckles. "There's so much you don't know yet. So much. Anyway, we're running out of time. Make your choice now." he demands.

I put my hand into my pocket and pull out a crumpled photo of me and Mia. We took it at a photo booth when we went to the mall. She looks so beautiful in it. She took my vape pen and blew smoke in the middle of the photo so there's this huge cloud of strawberry scented smoke surrounding us. It was the best date of my life.

I don't know if I could ever meet a girl who vaped like she did.

"Please. Give me more time" I beg. Soronsbo sighs and nods.

"It'll be a while before that boy reaches your girlfriend anyway. You've got 20 minutes." he says mercifully. I nod as a thank you.

I look at the tent entrance and wonder if I can run out. But then I realise that both Julian and Elizabeth are out there. If I go missing, then something could happen to Mia before I reach her. I'm stuck. There's nothing I can do besides choose.