[Twenty Three|your eyes]

Edited.

"Good morning."

I look up to see Adrian, staring at me. His eyes held so many emotions. He looked so happy and alive. Like he didn't care about anything in the world. "It's four in the evening," I corrected him and pulled him back down on the bed. Adrian pushed himself off the bed again, both his hands at the side of my head as his legs were between my thighs. His entire lower half-pressed to mine. That's not good. Adrian leaned down to connect our lips and right away, I kissed him back. It was a reflex. One of his hand slide under the hoodie I was wearing to roam my stomach. Tingles spreading from wherever he touched.

"Mark us!" Tris screamed.

I blocked her out and continued to kiss my mate. It didn't last long for her voice to echo through my head again.

"Mark us!"

"Make him mark us, Avyanna!"

"Mark me!"

I broke the kiss and push him off me so I could stand on my feet. My head was beginning to hurt from the shouting.
I was now sitting on the edge of the bed, holding my head. "Stop!" I screamed at Tris.

"Av? Baby? What's wrong?"

The bed dips and within seconds, Adrian was kneeling down in front of me.

"You're eyes," he murmured and look at me with more interest than usual. "They're purple. You're going to shift, Avyanna."

"Let him mark us!"

"Shut up!" I screamed, my eyes shutting tightly. I open my eyes when I hear Adrian whimpered. "No, not you baby," I shake my head. His eyes flashed shades of relief.

"It's hard to control, isn't it? The feeling of s," Adrian mumbled with his eyes on mine. His hand gripped my thigh, taking the pain away.

"How do you-?"

"I feel it most of the time I'm very close with you. It's a bitch to consume," Adrian whispered, his vulnerability showing.

"What? why didn't you tell me?" For once Adrian looks behind me to the walls.

"No reason."

"Mark me."

"What?" He questions in disbelief as his eyes found mine again. I can't believe it either but the smile is still on my face.

"Mark me," I proudly repeated. "You're joking," he almost laughed and I felt a little bit offended but I don't blame him.

I hook my arms around his shoulder and pull him up to me. "I'll joke if you want me to, do you want me to take it back, Drayn?" I try to sound as seductive and sweet as possible but not trying to make it that possible.

"Oh, fuck no," Adrian let out before his lips crashed down on mine. Somehow, I was now on the bottom, Adrian lightly sitting on my upper waist but his body coming down on mine during the kiss. It felt like ages until the breath from inside me disappeared and we both pulled away. His head dipped down and I bend my head back to give him better access on my neck. This whole time I'm blocking out Tris, I just want to experience this for myself and then for both of us. "Fuck, I'm nervous," Adrian breaths out against the skin of my neck. I lift off the bed and angle myself with my elbows.

"You don't have to if you want to," I assure him.
Adrian's thumb stroke my cheek and his eyes flick to mine once more, "Why aren't you scared?" His soft voice asked, softly.

I just realized that I wasn't really that scared. I knew it's going to be a foreign pain, I've heard about it but it's nothing new. I'm not afraid to say I've felt a terrible pain in my short life. "I am, the excitement is just more," I give him a cheeky grin and scooted backward onto my pillow.

A shirtless Adrian crawls above me and as his eyes landed on my neck, he takes his soft and perfect bottom lip between his teeth. "I don't want to hurt you," he admitted.

"I want this, I promise," I whispered before his soft lips touched with mine and I was already a goner. The mate bond between us grows every day and there is no doubt that I'm addicted to him. The touch of his hands, the feeling of us kissing, how he always managed to make me smile, our cuddles. Everything about him. I'm pretty sure I would still be attracted to him without the mate bond and I hope he feels the same because I want him all to myself under any circumstances.

By now his lips have left mine and the soft touch of his lips left tingling feelings along my jaw.

My eyes back as I moan when he goes down further to my shoulder. Pure pleasure break loose inside me as he began to suck on the delicate skin before the line that joins my neck and shoulder.

Adrian pulled away and both Tris and I whimpered. "Are you sure?" I knew he was nervous. Adrian was scared for me and honestly so was I a little. What if this pain is worse than the heat? But still, I wanted this. I never really had much thought about Adrian marking me but with Tris' help, I want it so much right now.

"Yes Drayn," I smile.

"Damn, I love you," he informs me with a sweet peck on my lips. "I love you," I proudly state.

It happened so fast.

His canines brushed my skin before tearing into the skin. It felt slow as he sunk them further into my skin. Fuck. I was seeing red, it pained so much. It was an indescribable pain and something that I've never felt before. My eyes were watering and my fists held the sheets.

Within seconds, I moaned. The grip on the sheets loosened as I felt a wave of pleasure rocked through my body. It lasted for a couple of seconds before Adrian pulled away. I felt his tongue slide over the tender wound before kissing it.

"I'm sorry," Adrian whispered as his thumb gently goes over my eyelashes. I didn't bother to answer him, I didn't even know what I would have said but I just pulled him closer to me to jumpstart the sparks and as our lips gently touched, I was a goner.