[Sixteen|Progress]

Edited.

My eyes opened when I felt movement. Adrian froze as he realized he accidentally woke me up.
"Where are you going?" I asked, suddenly feeling cold. "Go back to sleep, I'll be back in a bit," Adrian stretches to place a kiss on my forehead but as soon as he does, I pull his hand down and he flopped back down on the bed. I snuggled closer to him and wrap my legs and arms around him.

"Sleep with me," I let out before closing my eyes. "Theo needs me," Adrian whispered and I open my eyes with a pout on my face.

"He's busy right now, Can this wait?" I mind link, Theo.

"Yes, it can, goodbye Luna," Theo immediately sent back. I thank him then block any other mind links. "Problem solved, you could cuddle me now," I snuggled closer to my mate as the tingles spread across my body. Adrian wrapped his strong arms around me and I sigh in content before allowing myself to drift off to sleep. Again.

_♤_

"Uh, Av?"

I opened my eyes and Caden is poking my cheek. Adrian's head his resting on my chest, his hands wrapped around my waist, protectively. I smiled at the sight as light snores leave his lips.

"Yes?" I questioned, admiring the sleeping baby on my chest. He's so cute. "He has to address the pack about you...today," Caden hesitated. I wanted to groan. "Considering that he was fighting last night and he is always doing work, can he have a day off?"

"Alright, just let me know when he is up," Caden says while walking out of the room.

"I can't wait to be marked!" Tris screamed in excitement as we stared at our mate asleep.

_♤_

For the third time today, I woke up from my sleep. This time, to sparks and tingles traveling down my cheeks to my jaw, down my neck, and to my collarbone.

"Morning, princess," a husky voice says next to me and I smile, leaning into his touch. I love his morning voice. "Bitch please, I'm a queen," I corrected with a silly grin on my face. Adrian smiles and the only thing I'm sure of is that one day I'll die for that smile.

"And I'm your king."

"If you say so."

His hands trail down my neck and outline the curve of my breast," this is quite comfortable," he says and heat makes it's way up to my cheeks.

"Shut up!" I swat his hands away and got off the bed. "Make me food!" I shout to him and pulled off the blanket to release him in all of his shirtless glory. Of course, it would have been better if there weren't bandages around his stomach.

"Come," he says that one word, and I just want to fall back onto the bed with him.

"Make me food first," I insisted with my hands on my hips and tried to keep a straight face but the pout on his face is tempting."Try harder!" I say and lift my right eyebrow. Adrian takes the left side of his bottom lip between his lip, slowly raking his bottom lip seductively.

Snap out of it Avyanna!

"That's not going to work on me," I stated proudly even though it was a lie since I was trying very hard to not go to him and kiss him endlessly. "Really?" Adrian tempted. I nodded and he smirked before continuing, "your eyes state otherwise."

"Tris!" I scream in my head.

"Sorry I just can't help it! Go to mate! Please?" Tris begs but then I'll just lose this little game we have going on so I go against her.

"Shut up!" I stomp my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Deciding to bathe one time, I shower and since I forgot my towel I used a robe.

"Well finally," Adrian exaggerates and pushes past me into the bathroom. "This isn't the only bathroom in the house!" I shout and walked into my closet.

My most comfortable clothes are in the packhouse so I put on grey sweatpants and found one of Adrian's Jersey. I looked cute. Waw never thought I would have to say that about myself. Since Adrian wasn't going to make breakfast, well lunch since it was two in the afternoon, I made both of us a sandwich.

Halfway through my sandwich, Adrian comes downstairs and takes a seat next to me. "I was going to wear that, you know," he told me and rolled his pretty green eyes. I'm so whipped.

"I wanted something extra big today." I turn to see the stupid smirk on his face and my eyes widened at how wrong that sounded. "You pervert!"

When we were finished eating, Adrian decided to wash the dishes and I just sat on the stool watching him. "Are you going with me to address the pack? They should know I have found their Luna. For a month..."

"Yeah, I think I should..."

I'm really hoping this coronation takes very long to arrive because I am so not ready to be a Luna.

"Do I have to be the Luna? What if we get a replacement..."

"You have to but if you need time I could give you that, this pack will fall apart without a Luna and I can't let that happen Avyanna. I'm sorry," he apologized and now I feel bad for asking.

"It is okay, I'll do it for the pack, you and Caden."

You see, I have this plan to get through to Adrian. He can't open up and be his real self with me if I'm not doing the same. So far it's been great, I've seen a less on edge Adrian the past two weeks and he's more comfortable around me even though we didn't see each other every day. I call that progress.

Within ten minutes, we walked into the packhouse and everyone was already waiting for us.

I can't do this.

"You'll be fine."

Adrian walks on the little stage they have at the front and I stand near the door next to it. I listen as he makes his announcement.

"Thank you so much to everyone for coming although you didn't have a choice. Over the past month, your Luna has been living with us. No, I didn't tell you because of personal reasons. So yes, the rumors are true. I have found our Luna," everyone cheered and my eyes were actually watering.

Adrian looked so happy as he continued to talk with the most adorable smile on his face, displaying his dimples and perfect, white teeth.

"Do you want to meet her?" The crowd cheered and my eyes widened.

"You never said anything about going on that stage! There are hundreds of people here!" I send through the mind link.

"You don't have to say anything, they'll understand," he replies which relieves me a bit.

"Av..." I take his hand and he pulls me into his chest. "Luna Avyanna everyone!" Adrian leans to my side and when I turned my face, he kissed me.

I so wasn't ready for that but just as it was a quick reflex, my hand cupped his cheek and I kissed back. I didn't forget we were on a stage so I pulled away. "Aw!" The crowd admired in unison.

"She's so pretty!"

"She looks like the perfect Luna!"

"Isn't she beta Caden's sister?"

I turn to him about the one about Caden. "Yes, it's true. She is a Sage, she was a rescue from the fire and is our first in command beta's sister," Adrian says proudly.

Thankfully, we got to return back home and short while later after meeting a couple of members of the pack. They were all so sweet and kind, I really like the members of this pack. They're wonderful people.

"I'm sorry," Adrian whispered against my neck as he hugs me from the back. "For what?" I ask and continued to brush my hair even though his kisses were distracting.

"For putting you on the spot like that, it was wrong of me," he says and holds me tighter. I put down the brush, turn around so I could face him and hugged him back. "Its okay, it honestly is," I assure him.

"Thank you."