[Six|Heat]

Twenty four hours after you have met your mate, both mates go through the process called heat if they haven't mated as yet. Usually you're suppose to wait for your mate, which I did. It was less painful as the actual heat but I was still scared as hell.

I've been pacing the room ever since I heard them mention about it. How could I forget this?

Caden Sage

While arguing with Adrian my eyes lift to the clock on the wall.

7:15pm.

"Oh shit..."

Adrian saw what I was looking at and he immediately took off running down the hallway. When I got to the room, he was picking her up off the floor where she layed in a ball. Her clothes were all bloodied and her claws were out.

"Get the fuck out, Caden!" Adrian growled as I tried to see her clearer. He just pushed me away using his shoulders,"Get the hell out, now!" He screamed using his alpha voice and it was hard not to obey.

Avyanna Sage

I opened my eyes when I was surrounded by comfort, it was Adrian.I was lifted off the cold floor and I groaned in annoyance because it was actually helping.
A

drian screamed at my brother and then I hear the door slam shut. The pain was alot, it felt like my insides were on fire and my skin was trying to contain the fire and heat. "I got you," Adrian ed whispered soothingly. I wanted to smile at those words but I only screamed out. The pain got worse and worse because he was so close.

"Move," I whispered, helplessly.

"What?"

"You're making it hur-"

_♤_

I remembered everything once I was awake and I lift off the bed, thinking it was a nightmare when truly it wasn't. "Avyanna, you're awake," the male next to me says. He had a happy smile on his face.

Where the hell am I?

It was just a normal bedroom.

I don't remember anything after Adrian I blanked out minutes after Adrian arrived. "Uh... who are you?" I questioned. He seemed familiar. "I'm the second commander beta, Theo. I don't know if you remember me from the dinner..." he says and then I remembered his face. "Oh yeah um...where is Caden? Or Adrian?"

"They both are at a meeting, a pack meeting." I frowned and carefully got off the bed. I was wearing a hoodie that reminded me of Adrian and I wished that I could meet him again. "Do you need anything? Food maybe?" I haven't eaten in two days and I still wasn't hungry so I shook my head and he nods. "Okay well, I'll be outside. Shout if you need anything okay?" I nod again and wait for him to leave.

I was so confused.

Did he accept me or was he waiting a while to reject me? I've only encountered him three times for the past three days.

Wait.

Both mates supposed to experience the heat last night. He seemed fine when he came for me in the room...

Tris howls followed by whimpers. That only means that he didnt wait for me, he gave himself up to another werewolf. That is why it hurt when he was near me last night. I felt betrayed for some reason. I need to sleep, it was my only escape to feel nothing. When dreams take over there isn't any pain. I wipe my tears in the blanket and pulled it up to cover my shoulders. Closing my eyes and sighing in comfort for the last time before I drift off to my wanted slumber.

My eyes opened to Tris purring and I instantly smiled. I felt so safe and comfortable. It like a heavenly feeling and I didn't want to move, I just wanted to stayed and enjoyed this feeling.

Then I felt the heavy object around my waist and I look to see Adrian's hand around my waist and one of his leg between mine and the other on top of them. My back was firmly pressed against his chest and my head was resting on his arm.

I remembered everything from earlier and I felt hurt again, my smile transformed into a frown. His hand just didn't want to move so I just got off the bed and he instantly sat up. "What's wrong?" His eyes calmed once he realised I wasn't hurt physically and they weren't any predators.

"Are you okay?" He questioned. I didn't allow myself to speak otherwise I would shout at him.

Adrian stood and I watched as he took a couple of steps towards me. For every step he took, I took two steps back. "You know you don't need to be afraid of me right?"

"I'm not, you're an asshole. I'm not afraid of assholes." It was too late, I didn't expect my tongue and mouth to betray me and say my thought. The truth was that I was actually afraid of him, the things he could do and now my heart was racing after hearing him growl like that.

"You have a right to act this way, if you don't I will for us," Tris says with confidence laced in her tone. "What did you say?" Adrian roared. It didn't affect me since I was supposed to be his soul mate.
I only felt angrier. "Only assholes don't wait for they're mate and let their heat be solo and more painful. Do you know anymore like that, Alpha Adrian?"
As the words left my mouth, all emotions were washed off his face, from anger in his eyes it went to guilt and regret.

"Avyanna, I'm so sorry..." his voice came out as a whisper. "I've been waiting four years for you, Avyanna, I gave up after a while and..." I assumed he didn't have anything else to add.

"I'm sorry, I lost hope and believed I would never find you," Adrian stepped forward and I remained where I was standing,"Please forgive me?" Adrian begged. I wasn't really mad, I was accustomed to pain. I was mad because it was Tris who had to feel the pain. I only felt an ounce of it.

"I forgive you, now leave me alone," I lied and turned away from him so I was looking out the gigantic window. "Avyanna..." Adrian tries again but I was tired. I know I slept most of yesterday but my body was still so tired.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted to match his loud voice from before. Adrian doesn't say anything. Instead, he grabbed clothes from his closet and left me in the room by myself.