[One|The Dinner]

Edited.

These four walls I was constantly surrounded in changed everything in my life. It all happened quickly too. The way I thought. The way I survived. The way I walked.

Everything.

I woke up on the floor again. I blanked out last night after the pain became too much for me and my wolf.

When I woke up, I looked up to the small window which is my only source of oxygen and light. It was daytime so which means they'll come to get me any second now.

My back begged me to sit back down, my head throbbing and I sighed. This will never end.

Carlos comes back today. Carlos is Alpha Ian's son and the next Alpha for the Dark Moon pack of the south. He's probably the only person I'm assured that has humanity out of everyone I've met more than three times at this pack. He went on a meeting in place of his father for three days and today he returned home.

The White shadow pack, which was my family's pack, and my home was brutally attacked five years ago by a gruesome fire. My father, the last alpha of the pack, he saved me and my brother from it all, putting us to run through the hidden tunnels. Unfortunately, my brother and I separated and It has been five years since I've last seen him.
He was three years older than me, which would make him twenty-one this year. Nights I lay awake wondering what life would be If the fire didn't happen. If I wasn't separated from my brother if things would be different. I don't even know if he is okay. Or anyone for that matter.

My bedroom was more like a cell. It was the only thing I claimed mine. It has one window, an iron bed in the corner and I toilet and sink in the other. I have three suits of clothes folded on the ground next to my bed.

Quickly, I changed into my dress which took much time since I had to move the speed of a tortoise since my back was whipped badly last night. I knew my hair looked like absolute trash but I still tried to help it using my hands and lastly, I washed off any sign if blood since the other maids know nothing about what happens to me.

My head snapped to the door as it creaked open, "Morning Anna," he whispered, evil laced in his voice.

"Morning sir," I replied confidently. His hand goes into the pocket of his pants and he pulls out a silver dagger.

I gulped hard. He strode to me, spinning me around and holding the dagger at my neck. "You will make sure the dinner is perfect or else you won't live to see tomorrow, got it?"

"Yes sir," I said without having him to wait. Hesitancy was never acceptable.

I suck in a large amount of air as the metal pressed into my skin.
"That's enough, father," I heard a familiar voice say sternly from behind us. Ian pulls away and we both turn around to see Carlos standing, looking around the place I call my room."You disgust me," he spits at his father.

"Shut up boy!" Alpha Ian barked. "Come on Avyanna, I'll help you cook," Carlos sent a warm and comforting smile in my direction.
Carlos makes a way for me to go but I turn to Ian, not making eye contact," may I please go?"

My back crushed into the cold wall, my head knocking harshly against it. I let out a whimper, trying not to cry with him present.

"Father!" Carlos screamed.

"You may go."

_♤_

"Hello Anna," I turn around at the sound of Luna Alice. I gave her a smile and bow my head in respect. Luna Alice and Carlos are the only two people that know what happens behind my cell of a bedroom. They both try to help sometimes but makes it worse. I would never tell them that though.

It was now six o clock, the dinner starts at seven. Carlos told me his mother would come to get me so I could look presentable for the dinner.

Every six months an alpha goes to another pack to have dinner and sometimes discuss certain things and sometimes it was just a visit to the near pain.
Since it was with the entire pack, I had to be there. "Are you ready?" She asks and I nod," of course, Luna." Luna Alice took me upstairs to the fitting room.

"Do you want to take a shower before?" She asks while taking the dresses off the racks. I nod innocently, it's been a while since I've last had a shower.

"Go ahead, they're undergarments in there for you," she says pointing to the bathroom. I was familiar with this whole house since I was the one that cleaned it all. Usually, when I cleaned the guest rooms I would take showers because I wasn't one to be dirty.

Thankfully by now, my back was healed so the shower wasn't that painful but It did pain to see the blood that I couldn't reach washed off, turning the water red.

After the shower, I got changed into a red long sleeve dress that went all the way to the floor and the neckline curved below my neck, showing off my collarbone,

While brushing my hair, as I was about to tie it in a ponytail, Alice comes in the room with two small black containers. "Here is lipstick and concealer for you know..." she tells me and I accept it right away.

"Thank you, Luna."

"No problem," she says and leaves the room again. I sigh and turn back into the mirror, hiding all the scars on my face and neck with the concealer and finishing it off with a red lip.

This feels so foreign, to see me like this. I actually looked kind of pretty, I'd love to see myself like this all the time. Shaking off the thought impossible thought, I just admired the dress. It wasn't flaring or eye-catching but I loved it.

•••

Here is what I imagined the dress to be: