"Hello?" My mother picks up on the third ring.

"Mother, it's me. Tiara." I say softly. Even though we are hardly away, I feel like I we have a lot of distance between us.

"Tia, my child. How are you? How was your day?" She says brightly.

"It was okay. Thanks for sending my clothes, though. It is a relief." I say shyly.

"When I heard that Vanessa sent only lingerie with you, I was agitated but I couldn't help but laugh, too. That was really a good idea, I must admit." She laughs.

"Mother!" My eyes widen, "how do you find it funny? It's anything but funny."

"So did it work?"

"What worked?"

"You know, the lingerie. Did you both... Because if you did.... I'll have..."

"Mother! No we did not. Not at all if you are thinking other wise. Oh my god, how can you even think about it?!" I say, flabbergasted, it is downright embarrassing to be having this conversation with your mother.

"I am just asking, sweety." I can still see her smile.

"Those things aside," I emphasize, "thanks for sending that chest of my books. That was very thoughtful of you. I really wanted those here, how did you think of it?"

"What chest? Oh, that. I did not send anything. It was Liam's idea to get your belongings, what he didn't tell you?" My phone slips from my hold as I try to hear her correctly.

"What? He asked you?,"

"He messaged me before you both took your flight in Fiji to keep your belongings ready, your books, your everything. He wanted to make you feel more at home. Didn't he tell you?"

I can't stop smiling like an idiot. Liam got these for me.

"No, he didn't." I say shyly, my cheeks flushed.

"Of course, he didn't. Typical male nature. So did you like the idea?" She teases.

"I loved it. Can we talk about something else? Like the fact that they have a dog! Can you believe it?" I say to take the attention off the topic. As much as I want to hear what he told my mother, I stay quiet because I don't want my mother to think otherwise. Even though I am sure of me feelings for him, I don't want the entire world to know. Something's are just better to keep to ourselves.

There is a silence of two seconds and then my mother bursts into a feet of laughter. I wait for her to stop but she doesn't do it anytime soon.

"A.... dog?" She squeaks.

"Yes." I say annoyed.

"So what, now you are going to live on the terrace?" She laughs on her own lame joke.

"Yes, they are building a bed with cages around it."

"That's definitely something you never would have dreamed of, is it?" I can picture her smiling.

"I know." I say softly. There is silence for some time and then she speaks.

"The house is really quiet now that you have left, completely. Your father has become quieter the day you left for your honeymoon. You know he still holds himself responsible for all this, right?" Her voice is stressed.

"And I am tired of telling him to stop. This was the only way possible and even you know that. He should just move on, mustn't him?"

"Hmm." I can picture my mother zoning out in space, something she does when she is deep in thought and cannot frame her thoughts.