00| Prologue

Benjamin's POV

Staring at the space in the room,  my dad approached me, "Son, I know you're feeling...off, but you need to know," he said, leaning in the doorway. "Your mother thinks she found her."

I shook my head in denial. "No," I barely breathed aloud.

This wasn't good.

"She's pretty damn sure, Ben," he started cautiously. "She just called. The girl is exactly as Yasmine described."

"Then she shouldn't come, Dad," I growled, standing up. "Keep her away from here. This...I can't...There's no... My life, this life, will ruin her! No one deserves this."

My father smiled sadly. "It's too late, son. She's accepted. your mother told me to tell you that it was a must that she comes here."

"Why?!"

"Ben, the girl..." He sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. "First of all, the girl is brilliant. She'll do very well here. Second, she's..." He grimaced, shaking his head. "Son, she's damaged. There wasn't a chance in hell your mother would leave her alone, and it's quite possible that she's not the one."

"Well, I can damn well hope, right?" I sneered, hating myself for hoping and hating Yasmine even more for finding her.

*******************

Authors Note Salam, guys! Please don't forget to share and vote to know how you feel about this story so far... Jazakallah a million!