The wind blows against me, but I do not sway. I've done this enough times. A window above has a wide enough ledge for me to crouch on. I scurry up to it until I can place my hands on it. Pulling upward, I lift my body weight. I look at it and the window opens at my command. Pushing myself in, I fall onto the stairs, grunting. Ouch.

Standing up, I close the window before brushing myself off. The staircase feels breezy and dusty. It winds around and around and around. I begin climbing, knowing I chose the window closest to the exit. The long straight away, which I'll assume is the bridge appears and I duck into the shadows. I don't know if the figure is behind me or in front of me. I then hear a crash at the end of the bridge. My feet walk silently, and I crouch low. My hand strays to my knife, grazing it as I turn the corner.

A man stands there staring down at something. A paper, but it doesn't look regular size. It oddly looks like a map. My eyes look at the section of his hair illuminated by the light. Its whiteness catches my eye. Adam. Percy's friend. His best friend apparently.

I don't know why I continue, hiding in the shadows. I mean, I haven't spoken to the dude. But there's something about him...

Another figure appears, coming out of a room. I hadn't realized Adam was outside a door. But he was facing the other side. The wall didn't look like much, but he stared at it and the map, his eyes flitting back and forth.

"Adam," The other man says. I jerk back, further into the shadows, recognizing his voice.

Adam whirls around, tucking the map into his back pocket swiftly, "Hey Perce."

Percy seems to think nothing of his unusual behavior and says, "I'm headed down to the kitchens for a midnight snack, wanna join?"

I watch as Adam contemplates before responding, "Yes, I'm starving."

They head out the opposite way, their footsteps echoing in the hallway. Immediately, I go over to inspect the wall up close. I observe the stone and find no major cracks to show if it's a door. But I knock on it anyway and then beside it. Frowning, I sit back on my heels. There has to be something special about this wall. I make a note to bring Jason here.

Standing, I look down to see the empty hallway. I chew my cheek. Not sure what's making me, but I break into a jog, heading towards the duo. I need to get to the bottom of whatever is going on here.

Percy and Adam are talking about someone by the time I approach. They begin descending the staircase and I stay many feet behind them. Percy sighs, "I don't know man. There's just something about her I don't feel with the others."

I keep my eyes focused on Adam, watching his movements. They are fluid and strong strides. Ugh, why can't I shake this feeling with him? He is friends with the prince, he is a trusted member of court and friend to the Royal Family and he is loved by all the girls. Besides from Percy and the guards training outside, his name would be whispered every now and then in the Women's Room. Most keep their attention on Percy though.

Adam shrugs, "She sounds fine, and looks beautiful with those blonde curls of hers. But you do realize you just met her...right?"

Percy chuckles, punching his shoulder, "Shut up."

They reach a door and swing it up. The door loudly creaks, and I wince. They'll hear me if I open that. Keeping my eyes trained on the door, I stop it from swinging fully shut. Getting too close to them for comfort, I slip through before allowing the door to shut. It clicks satisfyingly. They enter a window lit hallway that I recognize as the hallway leading to the kitchens. I wait in the shadows of the end until they enter the kitchen. Then I sprint quietly into the light, reaching the door. I peer through the square window in the door. Percy and Adam walk around a server, opening the fridge. The server flips a piece of blonde hair out of his eyes and my eyes widen. Jason is for some reason cleaning in the kitchen. He glances up at me and does a double-take. Percy looks in my direction and I duck. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.