Fifteen

Tristian pov

"But moooooommmm. I have to go. Everyone is going to be there!" I whine. "Tristian rose." I hear my dad say from the living room. "Yes dad." I say turning my head down. "You know good and well we don't allow you to go off by yourself. It's just for your own protection sweetie. " He says with sympathy in his voice.

They never let me do anything. I can't go anywhere unless adults are there. I'm barely allowed to be dauntless! "Dad you let connor and natalie go by themselves." I yell in frustration. mom looks at me with worry in her eyes. Then her gaze turns to dad who now has his face in his hands. "Tristian." mom starts. "Natalie is eighteen. She's an adult. Full fledged member of dauntless. Connor is a boy. He also is working with will and Zeke. You just. You can't go by yourself." She says trying to be sympathetic to me. I stomp my feet and walk to my room. "Ugh!" yell in frustration. "You guys never let me do anything!" and I turn over in my bed.

My walls are blue and black and pink. All of my furniture is black except for my lamp which is grey. My nana gave it to me. I have two grandmas. A nana and a grandma. Nana is daddy's mommy he won't tell me about his dad. But I can tell it's a touchy subject so I don't talk about it much. I turn to the other side where my nightstand is. I look at the picture of me and my family. Then I look at my baby picture from the hospital. My eyes were brown then. Now they're deep blue. Deeper then my dads eyes. Which is strange. I know mom knows why but she won't tell me. She keeps saying to wait until I'm older.

I turn to the ceiling and sigh. "When I turn sixteen. Things will change."

Then there's a knock at my door. "Can I come in?" its natalie.

I got her room since she moved to her own apartment.

"Hey." She says. "Hi." I sigh and roll over. "Oh come on what's wrong." she questions. She always knows. "Mom and dad won't let me go anywhere." I say and sit up. "Trist they're just trying to protect you now I know it seems-." I cut her off "yeah I know it seems hard now! and yeah one day I'll understand! but you guys get to do what you want! I do nothing without supervision! it isn't fair nat!" I yell and start crying. That's when my dad comes In and gets on my bed with me. "Trist come here." He says and I shake my head. "Fine then you leave me no choice." he says and tickles my rib cage. I laugh and natalie joins in helping me. "I-give!" I yell still laughing. He holds me for a few minutes. "Look if it's that important to you you can go. But I am going too. I won't bother you guys but I talked to will and he wants someone to be there if anyone gets hurt." He says and smiles. I hug his neck.

Tomorrow night me, jessa (Zekes daughter), connor, lizzie(will's daughter), and Zane (Uriahs son) are going navy pier to play paintball. Dad has to go but he will referee.

Once they all leave I roll over and try to nap. But I hear my mom and dad talking in the living room so I sneak and crack open my door.

------------------------------

Tobias pov.

I walk into the living room and sigh as I collapse on the couch. "Everything alright?" I hear tris say from the kitchen. I turn and look. She frowns and walks over to me. "It's okay. She just doesn't understand the danger she is in." And she kisses my lips. "Tris. I can't keep doing this we have to tell her soon. I've trained her. I've taught her. She's amazing. She's one of the best dauntless born. I just I don't know what I'd do if someone tried to hurt her." I say and sink my hands into my face. Tris joins me on the couch. "Hey mom dad I'm gonna head home. James and I are going to dinner tonight." Natalie says and smiles. "Mhmm. James and I will be having a talk." I say she rolls her eyes. "Have fun sweetie. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" tris yells. Then i look at her my eyes wide. "Natalie tris do not listen to your mother!" I yell after her as she walks out of the apartment. "What? it's true rjght." I widen my eyes at her again. "Do you not remember what happened before you almost died at the bureau?" I say. Her eyes go wide. "Oh god." and she face palms herself. "Back to the situation at hand. When are we going to tell her she's contritent?" I say. Then I hear a gasp from the hall and see a little flash of blonde hair and a door shut. "Tris." I say eyes wide. She looks at me and realizes what just happened. "I know. Go now tobias come on." she says and we rush to her door. It's locked.

"Tristian rose open this door now!" she yells. No answer but I hear a noise inside. I grab the skeleton key and open the door. She's hiding in her closet.

I open the door and she cries. "Why wouldn't you tell me!" she yells. I pick her up and carry her to the bed. Tris joins me and we all sit together.

"Tristian we need to talk to you okay."

I begin. She nods at me.

"Tristian your contritent."