A few months later

(About five months later)

Tobias pov

"Tris has been having REALLY bad mood swings and all she wants to eat are pickles..... she hates pickles!! I have so many jars of pickles I could probably use the jars to make a small castle Zeke. I'm losing my mind!" I say and put my head in my hands. She's really close to her due date. And she's having way more trouble this time than when she was pregnant with natalie than now being pregnant with our son Connor. "Well I mean when Shauna was pregnant with James she only wanted chocolate and salsa." Zeke says "just love her make sure she knows you love her and take care of her. You two have been through everything. I'm sure you can get through this." I nod and take another sip of my beer. I haven't been drinking much since tris got pregnant but I really needed this.

James and Natalie are having a play date so tris and Shauna are at our house.

James is only two but natalie is four. They get along great though.

Zeke gets up to grab something from his room and I sit there and stare at the floor. I know I have been a great father to natalie but I'm worried about Connor. I don't want to be anything like my father. I want to be a good father. I won't hurt him. I'm just afraid.

Then I hear my phone ring and it's a text from tris

Tris: hey Shauna is bringing James home can you come home now? I need you to help me clean up. Love you bye

I get up and tell for Zeke "zeke!" "yeah number boy?" he yells back. "Tris wants me home. Shaunas on her way!" I yell back. "Alright see ya!" he yells. And I head home.

I get in the door and tris is gripping the side of the couch. I rush over to her and I begin worrying "tris what's wrong?" I say. "Just the baby. It's almost due date you know." And she cries in pain. Natalie runs in and starts crying. "Mommy mommy is something wrong with connor!" she says and I call her over too me. "Sweetie it's okay. Mommy sometimes hurts before he gets here. It is okay. I promise. Look kids mommy goodnight and then go get ready for bed I will tuck you in." I say and place a kiss on her forehead she runs off to her room. "tris are you going to be alright?" I ask. I don't want anything to happen to my son. "Yeah I'm fine. Can you help me get to our room. I'm going to go to sleep." She says and tries to stand up. I take her hands and pull her up. I gather her in my arms and kiss her gently. "I love you." she smiles at me "I love you to number boy." she says. "Why do people keep calling me that!" I say.

She laughs and half walks and waddles to our room. I giggle and walk to Natalie's room and find her holding one of her baby dolls like a real baby. "Natalie what are you doing?" "practicing for baby Connor." She says I smile and pick her up. "You are going to be the best big sister ever." I say and poke her nose. "And I'm never gonna let anyone hurt him or be mean." she says and holds her fists up. I laugh and tuck her in. "Get some rest little fighter." I say and turn out her light.

"I love you" I say before I leave. And as I walk out I hear "dad I love you more." I turn around and smile and a tear escapes my eye. I must be doing something right. I walk back to our room and find my self crying.

I walk in our room and tris looks at me confused. "Tobias." she says. "Why are you crying?" I look at her and just simply say "I'm a good dad. I never thought I could be because of marcus. But I am a good daddy." I say and cry more. She beckons me to come to her and I do. She sits up and I sit beside her and she hugs me. "Your a great father. And always will be." I smile at her and we both lay down to sleep

I know now that I am nothing like marcus.

I'm capable of loving. I am a great father. Tris says It and Natalie too.

I am not marcus.

I am tobias.