More training.

Tris pov

Today we started fear simulations. Four and I walk in the room and everyone stops talking. "Alright initiates. Today starts stage two. And we've been given news that you won't be cut anymore. The ranks only determine the jobs. And Liam if he wants to come back may return. Up first for the simulation room is tay." tobias says and a look of fear comes over her.

Tay pov

I don't want to face my fear. I don't wanna go in. But for some reason my feet carry me there. I look and tris is standing there smiling at me. "Tay it'll be okay. Just slow your breathing and don't panic." she says. "You get out quicker." then she walks toward me with a needle. "What's that for?" I ask curious. I was erudite too after all "it's a simulation. Works faster and I'll be able to see what's going on so be safe and remember your dauntless. Handle it like a dauntless would okay." Four says and I nod before I feel a sharp pain in the side of my neck. "Be brave tay." is the last thing I hear before I go under. I look around and I'm outside the fence? I'm not afraid of that though. Then I see it. A vicious dog running at me. It's my fear of dogs. I developed that after the aptitude test. It charges at me and I try to run but can't. So I squat down and get on my knees and feel something hard at my leg. I reach my hand down and it's a gun. I pick the gun up and shoot the dog. Then it's over I wake up and start shaking. I'm back in the too with four and tris. They're staring at me wide eyed. "What?" I say breathing heavy. "Taylor how long do you think you were in there?" tris asks me. I was in there a while. I must've taken really long. "I don't know. 30 minutes?" I say. They both laugh and show me the screen. 4 minutes and 25 seconds. "Tay." four starts "that's almost as fast as tris' time. You do realize that?" I'm confused. "I thought those took a long time though. the simulations for everyone. I thought it took like 10 minutes or so?" I say. "No. She got out in 3 minutes. You got out in 4. I know about your divergence and your contritience. You have to be careful. But very nice." "tay did you know you were in the sinulation?" tris asks. Of course I did? "yeah I knew." I say. "Careful" she responds and motions me to leave. That was terrifying.

Austin's pov

Tay just came out of the room and they called me in. That was fast. "Hey austin" tris says. "Sit down. While I put this in your neck. It's a simulation. We can see the simulation on the screen. It'll take about 60 seconds to work." And I feel a pain in my neck as I sit. "Be brave." four days and I go out. I wake up and I'm on top of the Hancock building. I look over the edge and I almost puke. I stagger backwards and hit a wall. I'm on a ledge. I put my hands down and remember. This isn't real. I imagine bungee cords on my waist and look down and they're there. And they're attached to the top of the building. There's people at the bottom cheering for me. I jump. This isn't real. This isn't real. And I wake up. "Oh my god oh my god." I yell. Tris puts her hands on my shoulders. "Breathe Austin. Not bad. That only took you 6 minutes. Ha four you guys are more alike than you thought." "Hush six. Austin you okay?" he asks worried. He must have a fear of heights. "I'm fine. Just. Need to breathe." I say. I'm still freaking out. I need to go check on Taylor. "You can leave now. Go get some water." Tris says and motions me out the door. That was horrible. But I have to do it again. Tris and four are the only ones that know I'm divergent. And I need it to stay that way.