Training again

Tris pov.

I woke up this morning and tobias wasn't here. He said he had some business to handle. Well I had to start training with out him today. Today we started fighting. The pairs are:

I didn't make these we had a random generator make the pairs. "Dauntless technology"

Liam-Tyler

Austin-James

Dillan-Kiersten

Katy-madison

Taylor-

We have an odd number so Taylor won't fight today.

"First up. Liam and Tyler. In the ring." I say. Then the doors swing open and tobias runs in. "Nice of you to join us four." I say with a smile. "i left you a note six." He says. I turn to the ring and look. "Did I say stop? fight each other!" I say. "You're really scary six." tobias whispers in my ear. I smile. Tyler is huge and scary but Liam is fast and smart. Tyler steps before he punches. Tyler swings first but Liam blocks his punch and kicks Tyler in the back on the knee"deadlegging" or something. Then he hits him in the back and backs away giving Tyler time to get up. Tyler tackles Liam and begins punching him hard in the face. Liam is out. Tobias runs and snatches Tyler off of him. "Your done tyler!" he yells. "A brave man never surrenders" Tyler says with a crooked smile. "Bravery would be standing here fighting and standing up for someone. Cowardice is beating someone continually even though they are obviously unconscious or hitting a little girl from abnegation in the jaw because she smacked your smart ass in the mouth. Watch your self." And he walks off.

The matches were as expected.

Tyler won

Austin won

Dillan won

James won

Madison won

Katy conceded from her fight. Madison is the largest girl here. It was a brutal fight. "Taylor take her to the infirmary." I say. "Wait why don't I get to fight? I want to fight." she says. "Oh you wanna fight? four Taylor in the arena." I say with a smile. "What!" They both say at the same time. "You heard me ring fight now." And we walk to the ring. "You're going to fight four. There's not enough initiates to do all of you but if you insist you can fight him." She nods and assumes the stance. "Six you sure about this?" tobias asks.

"Fight!" I yell.

Tobias gets into his stance Taylor jabs at him but he moves out of the way. Taylor fakes a punch left but swings right and connects with his jaw. He takes her hand and turns it around where it's at her back. She takes her elbow and shoves it into his stomach. She's not bad at this. He grabs his stomach and holds it. That's when I see it. A huge gash across the back of his neck. "Stop!" I yell. "Everyone dismissed. tobias who did this to your neck?" I ask worried. "Marcus." He says.

"Why. What. Where were you. Why were you around him tobias?" I ask. "He was trying to hurt natalie. But I threatened him. Then he tried to kill me. Then I shot him. Marcus is dead tris."

Marcus is dead. I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Then I say it out loud.

"Marcus is dead."