59

Phone Nicknames :
TheGreatestPianist - Louis
Violet - Violet
MarMar - Marlon
HenchBrody - Brody
MadScientist - Mitch
MiniMitch - Willy
CountryGinger - Ruby
AuthorWannabe - Aasim
CookieMama - Omar
GabeGarcia - Gabriel
Mariana - Mariana
MinnieMouse - Minerva
Sophie - Sophie
Clementine <3 - Clementine
Velma - Sarah

Chapter 59

----------------

"You're home early .." Sophie's mother pointed out , putting down her cup on coffee .

"Yeah ..and.." Sophie moved out of the way of the open front door , revealing another teenage girl holding a little boy's hand .

All of the colour drained out of the woman's face . She never thought she'd see her daughter even be near Clementine . The woman felt embarrassed to have known what her child did to that poor girl .
"H-hello ." She greeted .

Sophie rolled her eyes , her body warming up slowly .
"This is .. of course Clem and Tennessee." The red head explained , removing her coat from the small boy .
"He needs a place to stay , there's no way I'm letting him go out there in this weather ."

Sophie's mother moved to her , whispering in her ear .
"We can't just let strangers into our house Soph ."

"He's a boy mum . He'll freeze to death out there ." Sophie argued , trying to keep it quiet .
"We have that spare room that no one uses . He can stay there until it's warmer ."

Clem tried to distract the boy from the serious conversation by asking him a few questions .
"It's warm in here isn't it ?" She asked , smiling widely as she knelt down to his level . Tennessee nodded , returning her smile .
"You know . I used to live on the streets too ." Clem admitted , brushing the few specks of frozen mud that hung to his sweater .
"But now , I can't even remember what it felt like to be homeless ."

"How did you get off the streets ?" The scarred boy questioned , fiddling with his fingers as he stared to the floor .

Clem placed a hand on his shoulder .
"I trusted the right people ."

"How did you know they were the right people ?" Tenn asked .

Clem chuckled at his curiosity and replied with no complaints .
"I didn't . I took a risk ." She said , trying to hear the other conversation happening behind her but failing .
"And that risk changed my life ."

Sophie's mother sighed , placing a palm to cover her face .
"He can stay for the night . I'll think about what will happen tomorrow ."

Sophie took a glance at the two talking in the living room . Her cheeks lit up a light pink as she replied to her mum .
"Thanks ."

(-)

"Clem ?" Louis called , moving around his house as he searched for his girlfriend .
"Clem ?" He called again , checking every room . He saw Minerva sitting in the corner with Violet sitting opposite her on a chair .
"Hey , have you seen Clem ?"

"She was here a minute ago but I don't know where she is now ." Minerva explained , shrugging . Violet said the same thing as her girlfriend .

Louis sighed to himself as he moved towards the kitchen . He opened the window and leaned over so they could hear him from inside .
"Yo Mar . Where's Clem ?" Louis asked .

Marlon moved closer to the open window to reply .
"Not sure buddy ."

Soon a football bounced off the window , scaring the dread head to death .
"Watch the window you twat ." Louis shouted at Mitch who just laughed and soon apologised .

The dark skinned teen gave up with asking people , he pulled out his phone and clicked on her contact and rung it . He moved out of the room of chatter to somewhere quiet ; he listened to it ring . Ring . Still ringing . Louis checked his phone when it went to voice mail . Clem always picks up his calls .

TheGreatestPianist : where are you ?

"What are you doing there Hun ?" Vicky asked , raising an eyebrow at her son who was staring worriedly at his phone .

"Clem has disappeared and I'm trying to contact her ." Louis explained , looking up to his mother .
"Where's dad ?"

"Upstairs , he needs some rest ." She replied , smiling .
"It feels weird . To have him back ."

"I know what you mean ." Louis said , fiddling with the edge of his pockets .
"I'm just confused on why he didn't come back ."

Vicky furrowed her eyebrows .
"Yeah .. anyway enough of that . I'm glad he's back ." She quickly changed the subject .
"Maybe clem went home ? Knock on Lee's door and check ."

Louis nodded .
"Not a bad idea , I'll be right back ." He quickly exited his house , shutting the door behind him . Louis checked his phone once again , still no reply from Clem . This is worrying me like hell .
"Holy fuck it's cold ." He quoted to himself , rubbing his hands together to keep himself warm . He regretted not taking a jacket , it felt like it was going to snow .

It was odd for Clem to leave him on delivered for over 7 minutes , it made Louis' hands tremble with fright . In fear that something would take her away from him . Louis scuttled along the sidewalk , positioning himself in front of the door ready to knock . Suddenly , his phone vibrated in his pocket .

Clementine <3 : I'm at Sophie's .

Louis awkwardly shuffled away from the front door and back to the sidewalk to reply to Clem's message . He fingers typed slow as they were beginning to become cold and numb.

TheGreatestPianist : what the fuck are you doing there ?

Clementine <3 : it's a long story .

TheGreatestPianist : I'm all ears ..

Clementine <3 : keeping it short , Sophie found a homeless boy on the streets freezing to death . I'll tell you about it later .

TheGreatestPianist : What ? I'm coming over .

Clementine <3 : no I'll come back to yours in a few moments .

TheGreatestPianist : Fine .. I'll be at mine . be careful .

He lied . He couldn't leave Sophie with Clem . Louis did not trust Sophie whatsoever .