19

Phone Nicknames :
TheGreatestPianist - Louis
Violet - Violet
MarMar - Marlon
HenchBrody - Brody
MadScientist - Mitch
MiniMitch - Willy
CountryGinger - Ruby
AuthorWannabe - Aasim
CookieMama - Omar
GabeGarcia - Gabriel
Mariana - Mariana
MinnieMouse - Minerva

Chapter 19

----------------

"A baseball hit her in the face." The nurse replied , swiping the cold compress off of the unconscious girl's head .
"She'll be awake in a few moments ."

Lee thanked the nurse and waited in the school medical room , scanning Clem's bruised face . He furrowed his eyes brows as he saw a few scars scattered round her forehead . A few travelled down her neck . The man gently lifted up her sleeve and gasped . A large scar trailed along her arm , he glided his finger across the bumpy flesh and grimaced .
"What did you do ." He muttered to himself . He worried so much about this girl , he cared about her ; like she was his own daughter .

The door burst open and made Lee jump .
"Mr Everett ?"

"Oh hello Louis ." He greeted with a smile . He saw another person behind the teen .
"And violet ."

"Is she okay ?" Violet asked , glancing a few times at the huge scar on Clem's wrist . Lee nodded , cautiously rolling her sleeve back down .

"Must of been one heck of a throw ." Lee chuckled , wincing at the state of Clem's nose .

Louis growled , her bruises were going down but now they're just going to come back up again .
"Sophie threw it ." His tone was cold as his eyes did not leave Clementine .

"The same girl that Clementine got into a fight with ?" Lee asked , surprised that Sophie hadn't learnt her lesson . He saw what damage Clem had done and he felt horrible for saying that she probably deserved it .

Violet nodded nudging Louis but his gaze did not brake .
"Sophie is trouble ."

Lee sighed and rubbed his forehead as a headache began to form . He reached into his pocket.
"I better text Carley ." He rummaged through his pocket , taking out his car keys and wallet to reach for his phone . He placed the two items on the table and texted his wife .

"Mr Everett .." the PE teacher stopped and looked at the two teens in confusion .
"Why are you two still here ? Off to class ." The two nodded and strolled out of the medical room .
"Mr Everett , can I speak to you for a moment ?"

"Yes , of course ." Lee replied , sending a message explaining everything to Carley and placing his phone back in his pocket .

As soon as the door closed with a small slam , Clem's eyes darted open . She was awake the entire time but she didn't want to speak to anyone . The girl sat up and searched around the room . Her nose was still tingling but she could handle it . The girl's golden eyed landed on the leather wallet sitting on the table . She reached for it and took it in her grasp , pulling it open and examining the £20 notes . She counted the slips of paper and held them out in front of her . £60 .
"£90 more ." She whispered , stopping before she put it in her pocket .

Her mind twisted and turned with regret and guilt . After everything Lee had done for her , she's not just going to steal his money to pay off a mistake she caused . Clem shook her head , stuffing the money back into the wallet and placing it back where it was before . Muttering outside the door made her go back to her original position and close her eyes tightly shut .

(-)

Louis poked his plastic spork at his chicken salad , she kept entering his mind . A cackle could be heard from the two tables behind him . It belonged to the red head . She was flirting with James as usual . Her existence made his blood boil .

"Louis . Stop worrying ." Omar groaned , sick and tired of his sulking .
"She's fine ."

"It's not just about Clem ." He replied , stabbing a piece of chicken and eating it .
"Sophie is pissing me off ."

"When doesn't she ?" Mitch asked with a chuckle , his eyed was set on someone totally different .
"She probably didn't even mean to throw it at her face . You know how clumsy she can be ."

"We are talking about Sophie right ?" Ruby tuned in , She always loved a good gossip . Violet answered her question with a firm nod .

"That was no accident Mitch ." Minerva explained , re-enacting how Sophie threw the ball .
"She threw the ball like this .." the girl spun her hand and moved it in a certain way so Mitch could what she was saying . Violet smiled dreamily at her dorky actions .
"That was definitely a planned throw . There is no way that could've been an accident ."

"Hmm ." Mitch cupped his chin and his mind filled with thought.
"I'm not sure then ." He backed out of the conversation .

Louis finished the rest of his salad as his group of friends argued if Sophie threw it on purpose or not . He already knew the answer .. but he wanted to know why ?

"Hey Louis ." Marlon nudged him out of thought , he turned to his best friend .
"Are you gonna trial for the baseball team this year ?"

Louis shrugged like Clem did and he didn't even mean to .
"I'm not sure yet . I think I might take a break this year ." He explained , tidying up his mess and putting it all in the bin .
"Are you ?"

"Yeah , coach insisted that I should ." Marlon boasted , winking at brody that kept staring at him .
"He insisted that you should too . You're literally the best player in the whole school ."

The dark skinned boy chuckled lightly , shaking his head in disagreement.
"That's not true . Have you seen clem play ?"

"Nope ." Marlon gestured for His best friend to tell him what she's like .

"She hit it out the park ." Louis laughed , her moment replaying in his mind like loop .

"And according to her , Clem's never played baseball before ." Violet butted in , leaning her head on her knuckles .

Louis raised a confused eyebrow and remembered what Clem told him . 'I used to play baseball'
"That's interesting ." Louis muttered .
"She told me that she used to play baseball ."

"With Who ?" Violet questioned , placing another knuckle underneath her chin . Louis looked around , too many people were listening .

"I'm not sure ." Louis shrugged , taking a sip of water out of his water bottle . Violet took the hint and laid off , leaning away from the conversation and listening in to Minnie's . The tall teen took out his phone and clicked on Clementines contact .

TheGreatestPianist : I hope you're okay . Text me when you're out please .

He sighed as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket .

An

I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading this book . It's hit 1K reads and that means so much to me ! Thankkk youuu !! I hope you're enjoying this story and I will try and update soon . Football is holding me back at the moment but now it's the summer holidays I think I'll be updating more than usual 🤷‍♀️ If I made any mistakes feel free to correct me and I'll change it . If you want to ask me anything feel free to do it here or privately ; I will try and respond as soon as possible . But thank you so so so so so so sooooo much .. I'll see y'all in the next one . Cheerio