54

Phone Nicknames :
TheGreatestPianist - Louis
Violet - Violet
MarMar - Marlon
HenchBrody - Brody
MadScientist - Mitch
MiniMitch - Willy
CountryGinger - Ruby
AuthorWannabe - Aasim
CookieMama - Omar
GabeGarcia - Gabriel
Mariana - Mariana
MinnieMouse - Minerva
Sophie - Sophie
Clementine <3 - Clementine

Chapter 54

----------------

The moon under siege by stars seemed to lighten the night bringing forth stars that shone and hung in the blackness. The never ending blackness consumed everything. Except the stars which stood out like pebbles in front of a storm. Ever enduring these shone with the night cowered in a inky black sky . It seemed like guerrilla warfare as the darkness controlled the sky yet the stars controlled the gleaming spots of where they originated. The girls laid underneath the dark blanket of the night sky , star gazing . They had nothing else to do at Violets , so they went outside instead .

Minerva giggled and pointed up into the sky , picking out a star . A star that shone brighter than the others .
"Look at that one ." She said as she crossed her legs and laid comfortably into the grassy field .

"Yeah ." Violet had laid next to her , their hands inches apart .

Minerva noticed the shakiness in the dirty blondes voice but decided to let it slide .
"Do you know any constellations ?"

Violet nervously laughed as she shook her head .
"I don't really listen in class ." She answered , furrowing her eyebrows at her shaky hands . Minerva was too close to her for to bare .

The red head raised an eyebrow , the puzzle pieces clicked together in her head . Violet is always nervous around Minerva , takes her side and sticks up for her every time . Minnie fiddled with the stands of grass as she let her mind run free of thoughts .
"Do you know any ?" Violet asked , breaking the awkward silence between the two .

"No . That's why I asked you ." Minerva replied with a shy smile . She didn't know why she felt this way .. her stomach did flips every time she was around Violet but ; she never really took notice until now .
"Are you okay ?" Minerva asked , watching the girl fiddle with her hands as she looks anxious .

The blonde moved her body slightly to get herself into a comfortable position, her eyes still locked onto the night sky .
"Ye-yeah . I'm good ."

Minerva wasn't buying it , she pushed for more answers .
"Is there something on your mind ?"

Violet paused , having a mini debate in her head before answering the red head .
"Nope I'm ok ."

Minerva sighed as she gently tilted the girl's face so she could look into her glistening eyes . The two teenage girls blush as they gaze at each other for quite a while .
"Tell me the truth Vi , I'm here for you ." Minerva reassured as she caressed Violets cheek .

Violets heart was pumping out of her chest as she placed her hand over Minnie's . I can't tell her , but I want to . I need to . The blonde sighed and closed her eyes as she leant into minerva's small embrace . Violet had finally come to a decision.
"So you want the truth ?" Violet said , building up the courage to look into Minerva's blue orbs that hypnotise her every time .
"The truth is I like you Minnie ; a lot . You make me happy, you make me laugh . You're smart , you're different ." Violet explains , not taking her eyes off the The red head once ; not even to blink .
"You're little crazy sometimes and awkward ; most of the time it's me making it awkward but I like it . Your smile alone can make my day . I'm just wondering if you feel the same about me ."

So it was you .
Words left the red head as stared into Violets bright green eyes which were pleading with hope . Minerva wanted to say what her mind wanted to say but she couldn't will her lips to move. As if stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled as violet waited for her answer . The blonde could hear her own heart beat , fast and loud .
"Minnie ?" She called to the frozen Red head. Minerva kept looking at the girl , her mind was blank and her eyes wide as she stared at her in disbelief and joy . Violet's eyes desperately searched the blank girls face ... waiting. She had to say something!

Minerva searched her mind for something reasonable to say, but to her surprise her heart answered for her .
"I like you too Vi ." Minerva's face steamed a hot red as she hesitantly placed her strong palm onto Violets , clasping her hand in her own .

(-)

Clementine <3 : are you okay ..?

Clementine <3 : If there's anything I can do to help you then I'll do it .

Clementine <3 : it's been an hour since my last text , are you okay ?

Clementine <3 : I'm sorry Lou ..

Louis read all of the messages with his phone gripped tight in his hand . He wasn't mad at her , maybe he was too harsh with her . It's just that he couldn't imagine his father being in prison , he wasn't a bad person . He was more mad at his father for leaving without a word than at Clementine for not telling him something he should've known anyway .

The dark skinned teen sighed as he turned off his phone completely and laid down on his bed . I should probably tell mum soon about this . He flung his arm over his face and groaned . The boy just needed time to wrap his head around things . He then sighed as he picked his phone back up , waited a few minutes for it to fully turn on so he could text his girlfriend .

TheGreatestPianist : it's not your fault . Don't apologise .

Clementine <3 : thank fuck you're alright . I should've told you sooner .

TheGreatestPianist : it's ok , it's my dads fault for not telling me or my mum about his situation.Not to be rude but I think I just need some time alone if you don't mind .

Clementine <3 : take as long as you need <3 .

TheGreatestPianist : <3 .

The tall teen smiled at his girlfriend's caring heart . It just reminded him of how lucky he actually was . She had been through so much as she was still putting other people before herself . That's when he started to hear the notes forming in his head , musical notes forming into a melody . It was like all of his problems washed away as a melody riddled his brain . He got this often and he'd write what he heard down . Louis quickly grabbed a pen and paper , drawing out the notes to form a song to play on his piano .

It was only a few notes , which he could turn into full bars later . Louis tapped the pen on his chin as he couldn't think of a good enough name . His phone pinged as he got a message .

Clementine <3 : you know I'm here for you Lou <3 .

A smile crept onto the dark skinned teens face as he scribbled down a name at the top of the piece of paper .
Clementine .