Chapter 24

Diana walked through New York as she looked for a restaurant that Troy worked in, a few guys that knew him said that he worked at a nice restaurant in Fifth Avenue. She and the others went after him a few weeks ago after he saved the president, but he was smart and lost them before they could catch him. All she wanted to do was find him and tell him how she felt, she didn't expect him to feel the same way after the way she rejected him last time.

She came to the conclusion that Batman didn't want to make any moves on her so she told him how she felt, obviously he rejected her saying that dating a team member was out of the question and that it was a huge distraction. She got mad and left his mansion home, also causing thousands of dollars of damage in his home in the process. She felt so alone after Troy died but now felt a little better after seeing him.

She looked up and saw a nice restaurant with customers going in and coming out with satisfied faces, she saw a girl appear out of the restaurant and saw her give a couple their money. Diana looked up and read the name of the restaurant.

Percy Eatery and Food Renaissance.

Diana thought the name was a little cliche', she slowly approached the girl who was about to enter the restaurant.

"Excuse me?". The Amazon called.

The girl quickly turned with a smile,"Hi. Can I help you?".

"Well, I was looking for Troy. He is a friend of mine". Diana said.

"Oh, sorry. He didn't come in today, actually he hasn't been here for months for that matter". The girl said with a frown.

"Oh. But can you tell me where he lives. His apartment". Diana asked.

"Yeah. He lives in one of those new apartments in Queens, you'll know when you see it". The girl said.

"Thank you..... ". Diana didn't know her name.

"You can call me Betty". The girl smiled.

Diana smiled as well,"Thank you, Betty".

"No problem. Happy to help". Betty said, before heading back inside.

...........................

Troy was fixing all his suits that day, he knew one of the suits was missing. The one he fought Doomsday to the death in, he knew the League probably had it since it was handed off to them. He was still shaken after facing such a powerful foe like Doomsday, he had died at the hands of the monster but he had an advantage, luckily. Because of his thousand life streak he was alive and well, but he was warned by Athena that if he died again he would die for good this time.

He finished the final suit and put them all way. He had a nice apartment, it was spacious and beautifully bright. To him, it felt like living in a suite plus the good thing was that he had a reasonable price for rent and he wouldn't want it any other way. He didn't feel like going out to patrol today, he just wanted to relax. The new Darkforces were cleaning up the streets filled with crime, so he had no problem having a little help.

Then he heard a knock at his door. He raised an eyebrow at this.

"Who is it?". He asked.

There was no reply and he also decided to ignore it. Then there was another knock at his door.

"Who is it?". He asked again.

He guessed it was probably Betty playing a prank on him since she was known for her playful nature. Then he heard another knock and he groaned and got up.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming, geez". He exclaimed.

He approached the door and opened it. He looked into the eyes of a certain Amazon, she looked at him with relief and with some tears in her eyes. Troy was speechless, he didn't know what to say. He only wondered how she found him.

"Diana?". He said, a little surprised.

He immediately felt her wrap her arms around him, she held him tightly and didn't ever want to let go again.

"I'm so glad you're alive, Troy". She said, inhaling his scent.

He gripped her arms and held her back at arm's length, the action surprised her and she looked a little hurt by it. He looked at her with a neutral expression which she didn't take as a good sign, either he didn't want to see her or he wasn't in no mood for visits.

"What's wrong?". She asked.

"Nothing". He said,"What are you doing here?".

This pissed her off a little,"I came to see you. Is there a problem with that?".

He gulped at her scowl and tried to think of something,"I meant that I wasn't expecting you at all".

Her scowl softened up,"Oh, sorry. I'm just happy to see you alive".

"Okay, everyone is". He said.

Then he felt her lips press against his, he looked surprised as she kissed him with love. She pulled away a few moments later and noticed his expression.

"I'm so sorry, Troy. I couldn't help myself". Diana said.

"I thought you said you were with Bruce?". He said, still a little shocked.

"He doesn't want to be in a relationship with me". She said.

"Why not? You're one of the most sexiest women I've ever met. He should be lucky to have a goddess like you". Troy said.

She smiled,"Is that how you feel toward me, Troy?".

"Yeah. Sure". He said, as he watched her get close to him.

She wrapped her arms around him and smiled at him, he looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"I love you". She said.

Then she flew in for a kiss and Troy returned it this time, she moaned at this and kissed him even deeper. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her close, she ran her hands on his chest.

She closed the door with her foot and walked them toward the living room, where they crashed onto a couch and continued to make out.