Chapter 16

A month has passed and the crimes were surprisingly low in major cities like Metropolis, Central City, New York City, Gotham City, National City and Coast City. No one knew why this was happening and no one didn't want to find out, it was also reported that something from space crashed into the Northern Atlantic Ocean a few miles away from Washington DC. This object had destroyed the Justice League's Watchtower as it impacted for the Earth.

Troy was busy working his shift at a nice restaurant in Times Square, he actually loved it when crime was low in New York. It gave him the chance to be normal for once in his life, he loved it a lot. He was cleaning a few tables as of now with his headphones on, the day was slow and there were not a lot of people around. Plus it was close to closing time.

Then he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned and saw his blonde co-worker Betty. He took off his headphones and smiled at her.

"Hey, Betty. What's up?". He asked.

"Your shift ended like two hours ago. Why are you still here?". She asked, putting on a jacket.

"Jim got sick and Brandon has got a hot date, so I'm kind of covering for them". He said, slinging the the cloth over his shoulder.

"Wow! I can't believe you're this nice?". Betty smiled.

"Just doing what I can to keep everyone happy". Troy said.

Then a man in his early forties came out the back. He was dressed smartly and had a nice haircut. He was the owner of the restaurant and Troy's supervisor along with his co-workers.

"Troy? You still here?". The man inquired, noticing the two.

"That's what I was wondering when I came in". Betty smirked.

"Yeah. I'm still here, Mr. Percy. I'm covering for Jim and Brandon.

Mr. Percy smiled,"Okay, but just leave it. Just knock off early, kid".

"Are you sure?". Troy asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it". Mr. Percy said.

Troy nodded and Mr. Percy smiled and walked out,"Take care, Betty".

Betty smiled and waved at her supervisor. She then faced the tv that was above them, she got closer when something drew her attention.

"Troy, check this out". Betty said, grabbing the remote and raising the volume.

Troy put his apron down on the table and walked over to where Betty was standing, he looked up and saw Lois Lane on the tv and saw that she was reporting something.

"It has been confirmed that a monster is rampaging through Carlin Heights and is causing death and devastation. It has also taken out three members of the Justice League, we can only hope that the rest can keep this......Doomsday at bay". Lois Lane reported.

"Doomsday?". Troy quirked an eyebrow.

"This doesn't look good. I mean taking out three members of the Justice League, that's cold". Betty said.

Troy frowned,"Why didn't the League contact me?".

"Troy, look! That's the monster". Betty pointed up.

Troy looked up and saw a picture of the monster on the screen, it looked like it was wearing a bio hazard like suit.

"That's the monster? It doesn't look that deadly". He said.

"Maybe, Troy. But you never know what's underneath". Betty said.

He looked down. She was right, some things are easy to underestimate based on their appearance but you never know what's being harboured underneath.

"I gotta go". He said, heading for the door.

"Bye". She replied, while still watching the tv.

Troy didn't know what was going on but he knew something was up. He figured that the creature possibly came from the object that crashed on Earth from space, he didn't know if this thing was sent here to kill or to be the first line for invasion. He came to an alley and took off his jacket and then removed his shirt to reveal the Darkforce suit, he took off his shoes and pants and put on his mask.

He fired his chains and took off. He swung out of the alley at an horizontal angle, he fired another chain and did a flip. Then he started hearing sirens from the East, he groaned and took off toward that direction. He wanted to go help the League but now it seemed there was a change in plans, he supposed.

"Out of all the times. It was quiet this whole month. Why now out of all the times?". Troy exclaimed in rage. He was going to seriously hurt whoever committed a crime this time.

Carlin Heights

The monster known as Doomsday ripped Cyborg's right arm off and threw him to the side. Aquaman jumped onto Doomsday from behind and stabbed him in the chest with his trident, J'onn landed a few blows on the monster before it kicked him away. Doomsday grabbed Aquaman who was behind and threw him into a building, the monster headed for J'onn but the alien made himself intangible before the monster landed a blow. Doomsday kept swinging his arms in hopes that he would hit the alien but J'onn was untouchable and he just floated back casually away from the monster.

Batman jumped up onto a sign that was next to a building, he saw J'onn was untouchable and he saw Doomsday keep swinging his arms. He put on his comm and tried to contact J'onn.

"Can you tell what he's thinking?". Batman asked.

J'onn looked at the mindless creature closely,"No real thoughts. It's all aggression, it's all about the fight. A killing machine".

Doomsday lost interest and just roared in J'onn's face, then it looked up and spotted Batman up on between two buildings.

"No!". J'onn said, phasing through the monster's body.

Doomsday grabbed J'onn's arm and then turned to hurl him straight at a gas station. The station exploded when J'onn impacted with it, the flames consumed the surrounding area. J'onn stepped out of the flames and fell to the ground, unconscious.

Doomsday roared and threw a caravan at Batman.

"Batman, heads up!". Cyborg said, firing a cable.

Batman swung down the cable just before the caravan hit him, he landed on the ground and rolled up until he reached the small crater that Cyborg lay in.

Doomsday looked toward Metropolis and growled.

"It's not looking good, Cyborg". Batman said, resetting his broken arm.

"We can take this creep. Come on". Cyborg said, getting up.

But he shorted out and fell forward, but not before the dark knight caught him. A rock behind Batman moved and then fell to it's side, Wonder Woman emerged out from underneath and she looked pissed off.

"Where is that monstrosity?". She seethed out the words.

"South. Heading for Metropolis". Batman said.

Then the Amazon took off flying.

"We need you, Clark". Batman said, looking up.

...........................

Darkforce stood with the cops as they took in the criminals.

"The Intergang are a long way from home". Darkforce said.

"I thought their base of operation was Metropolis. What brings them here in New York?". The commissioner said.

Darkforce frowned,"No idea".

"Well, no point in talking about it. There's trouble in Metropolis and Justice League might need your help". The commissioner said.

Darkforce nodded,"Glad to be of service, Commissioner. And thank you".

The commissioner smiled,"Just go take care of that Doomsday thing".

Darkforce nodded and without warning, he fired his chains and took off.

"There better not be any other distractions". He said to himself as he swung.