Chapter 61

As expected, Yin remembered everything that happened between Troy and her. To say she was pissed off and embarrassed would be an understatement, she literally scolded the poor dark hero for drugging her even though he explained it to her that it was just a side effect to curing her from the toxin. She basically severed connection with him and has been handling the last few weeks on her own, but New York was Troy's city and that meant that they bumped into each other on a few occasions.

Troy's mind was clouded and he was in a prickly mood at the moment, he was in the Watchtower's training room and was busy punching a punching bag. He could go all out  but he preferred to go on a steady pace instead, he was tired with all the bad things that have been happening to him.

Spartan's Curse at its best everyone.

Then with one hit, the punching bag burst open and went flying back. He slightly smirked at the result of that, holding back was his greatest strength but going all out was seen by him as a form of weakness. After his vengeance with the gods ended, he travelled the world and encountered many powerful deities along the way and he mostly fought many of them and he became more powerful with each confrontation.

Odin once knocked him out with the Odin Force. Till this day, he still has no idea how he survived that but his battle scars were removed from his body when he got blasted by the beam of energy, including the stab wound scar and the scar marks where the Blades of Chaos were attached to his arms. So, some good came out of that.

"Surprised to see you here". A voice said behind him.

The dark hero let out a silent groan before heading for his water bottle, he heard the footsteps follow behind him.

"Giving me the silent treatment?". The voice asked.

"What do you want, Clark?". The dark hero asked without turning to look.

"I heard you've been down on your luck these past few weeks". The Man of Steel said with a neutral look,"I came down here to see how you were".

Troy narrowed his eyes at the Kryptonian before letting out a small laugh, then he walked past him.

"You're a funny guy, Clark".

"What do you mean?".

"Oh, please". The dark hero glared at him,"You and I both know that you're not doing this out of your own free will. What is it?".

Superman returned the glare with even more intensity.

"You're right. I'm not doing this on my own merit". He replied with anger in his voice,"Diana put me up to this".

"Why would she still care about how I'm doing?". The dark hero asked out loud.

"I ask myself the same question".

"Rhetorical question". Troy said with narrowed eyes.

"I heard Lois left your apartment". Superman smiled at him,"I hate to say it, but I'm glad she did it".

"If you're here to piss me off then you're just wasting your time". Troy said with a raised brow,"Besides, I know you're only doing this so that I lose my temper and you can tell Diana on me and let her gain even more animosity towards me".

"Can't believe you figured that out".

"I've outsmarted one of the universe's most intelligent beings. What you were trying to pull was just child's play to me".

Then there was silence between them. Troy then decided it was time to just turn around and walk away from this, but the Kryptonian's voice stopped him in his tracks.