Chapter 84

Superman surveyed the destruction as the others sat around the debris or spoke with one another, Hal was lying on the ground and was taking a large breather as he was exhausted. Yin was a little heartbroken that Troy would ignore her and Artemis like that, she didn't know what was wrong with him and she unfortunately couldn't force the truth out of him.

Then the sound of wings was heard as they saw a figure with wings descend toward them, they looked up and saw Hawkgirl while carrying Black Canary, the hero jumped out of the arms of the Thanagarian as they came closer to the ground.

"What happened?". Black Canary asked.

"We won". Superman merely stated.

Unfortunately, the mood in the group told a different story and Dinah wondered what was wrong.

"You don't seem too happy about it". Hawkgirl said as she stood next to Dinah.

"Its not that, Shayera". Vixen explained,"Its our certain dark hero".

Hawkgirl instinctively got worried and she slightly stepped forward, she was one of the first friends he made and she still cared deeply for him even if circumstances made them not talk.

"Is he okay? Where is he?".

The others were surprised by Shayera's caring, worried voice but they let it be

"He's gone". Wonder Woman said.

"Um, what do you mean gone?". Dinah asked, not liking where it was going.

"He left. Didn't even spare a glance back". Hal spoke up from the ground.

"We don't know what happened to him but as soon as the fight ended, he merely brushed everyone off and was cold toward us before leaving". Zatanna elaborated.

"That's unlike him". Shayera said as she glanced at Dinah who also stared back in understanding.

"We need to get a head count for the population and make sure the planet is still stable". Batman said as he got everyone's attention.

"The planet is fine, Bruce". Superman said with a sigh,"I'm not hearing any irregular plate movements or droppage in mantle drifting".

"Where's Mera?". Dinah asked looking around.

"At the harbor. She's mourning Arthur". Barda spoke up being quiet the whole time.

"Oh, my. Poor Mera, I hope she'll be okay". Dinah said.

She knew she was going to have a lot of therapy session appointments from many of them in the near future, this war traumatized all of them.

"I'm going to try to look for Troy". Shayera said before spreading her wings and taking off.

Yin watched her leave. She was slightly jealous but she quickly buried that feeling, instead she took Artemis and Raven's hands and they all walked away.

               ..........................................

At the peak of a tall collapsed building sat the dark hero, his head was bowed and his long hair covered his face. He breathed deeply and tried to calm the internal war within him, it was already hard enough not losing his cool again in front of his friends but now he didn't know what was still stopping him. He looked up and saw the destruction the city was in, everything was in ruins, everything he loved about the place was gone and it was all his fault.

He raised his right hand and the red aura of the Omega Effect appeared, he hesitantly raised his left hand and an orange aura of the Spartan Rage appeared and he sighed in defeat. He glared at the power in his hands and he scowled.