Chapter 90

The meeting room in the Palace was highly tense and not everyone were on the same page, Hippolyta was beginning to fear that things were not going to fall in their favor. The Amazons tried their very best to persuade the Olympian gods that Troy was not someone they had to concern themselves with, but they had other ideas.

"It has been how much time after the massive decimation between that War God, Darkseid and Trigon. You cannot expect the gods to not feel threatened". Poseidon said, putting a point forward.

"The gods of Olympus will not be controlled over the actions of a human god". Zeus stated.

"Troy presents no threat to either pantheon in existence, all he wanted was to defeat the threat that was coming at his doorstep". Hippolyta spoke with confidence.

"He defeated them, yes. But how long till he realizes that he is great enough to topple over aspects of life". Zeus said.

"He must be dealt with". Hades added.

"No, do not think we forgot about you and Ares' treachery". Apollo spoke up.

"Do not bring my name into your mouth, brother!". Ares snapped.

Artemis couldn't concentrate. Her body was failing her and she couldn't follow the conversation very well, she was also filled with frustration that she couldn't explain the source of. She snapped at everyone around her and they were all terrified of her, she didn't know what was happening to her.

"Sister, are you alright?". Diana asked.

"I don't know, sister. I don't know". Artemis said with closed eyes,"Am I dying?".

Diana merely rubbed her back in response.

"That is enough! Apollo and Ares, your arguing will have to commenced some other time. We are currently busy with more pressing matters". Demeter exclaimed.

"Until you stop this insolence, I will not remain quiet!". Apollo snapped while pointing at everyone.

"Apollo! This is not your place to speak, let us continue this another time". Zeus growled.

The Amazons were all losing hope at this point, gods were not easy to bargain with and if it did work there was always going to be a price to pay.

Hera merely rolled her eyes before raising her hand.

"May I say something?".

The talking and arguing ceased and everyone now had their attention on the Queen of the gods, she looked to Hippolyta for permission.

Hippolyta was shocked that she looked at her for permission to continue, it surprised her to say the least because she was never polite merely cold hearted, ruthless and dangerous.

"Yes, please?". The Queen of the Amazons gestured her to continue.

"I don't believe the dark hero is guilty of anything". Hera said plainly.

Everyone was caught off guard by that statement. Hestia had a hint of a small smile on her lips, Hera never defended anyone unless it was in her best interest. But what would she gain by defending Troy?

"What are you saying?". Zeus asked with narrowed eyes.

"Considering everything I've heard so far, it makes sense why he did what he had to do". Hera said with a smile.

"He is a multiversal threat". Hades said,"You don't know what I've experienced from him, his power constantly grows with each battle and I'm sure there will come a time where he'll challenge the gods".

"First of all, would you idly sit by and watch while your respective domain was decimated and ripped apart? No, he was merely defending his home and keeping it safe". Hera explained before snapping her eyes to Zeus,"Tell me, dear. What would you do if someone of immense power were to invade your precious Olympus? Tell me?".