Chapter 17

Doomsday stomped through Metropolis and many people screamed in fear and ran away from the monster. It's bio hazard suit was also wearing away and exposing it's greyish skin and the bony spikes that protruded from its body. Then Wonder Woman without warning appeared and landed a few feet in front of the monster.

"I call you out monster!". She yelled.

The two ran at the same time toward each other, he threw a punch and their fists collided then she blocked his other punch with her left arm and then she landed a blow in the face of the monster. The monster was then knocked back and the Amazon came in for an attack, but Doomsday lifted his leg and kicked her back. She landed on her feet and skidded across the asphalt ground. She ran up to the monster and attacked in every way possible.

Doomsday fell back and the Amazon hit it in the face multiple times with her shield, the monster punched her and then backhand punched her into the side of a building. The thing that held her hair in a ponytail broke off and her hair became loose.

She growled and lunged forward, she tied her lasso around the monster and swung him.

"I compel you to surrender". She said.

She swung the monster into a truck. It got up and threw the truck a few feet away and growled at her.

"You may have resisted the lasso, mindless creature. But by Hera, you will fall!". She said, as she was bruised heavily.

Doomsday started throwing cars at her when she lunged at him. She jumped over the first, rolled under the second and sliced through the last car and used one half of it to beat the monster with. The monster grabbed her by the face and slammed her into a building.

She growled and attacked with her sword, at a stabbing position. Doomsday's fist collided with the sword and it shattered on impact. The Amazon's eyes widened but was then punched, she flew back and crashed into the ground.

Doomsday jumped into the air and came crashing down on her with his fists, once he landed on her he inflicted a multiple punches on her. It looked at the broken sword next to her and picked it up, it lifted the sword and tried to stab her with it.

Before it could stab her, a black blur came out of nowhere and hit the monster. Doomsday stumbled back and looked up to see a black figure land in a crouch. Then red lasers hit it and sent it into an tanker truck, the truck exploded with the monster.

Superman appeared and landed next to the dark figure, he then turned around and saw the Amazon lying on the ground in an injured state.

"Diana?". Superman said,"Darkforce and I should have gotten here sooner".

Wonder Woman opened her eyes and looked at Superman with a weak smile,"Not.... nnngggh....your fault. Nnngggh".

"You wait here, okay?". He said, getting up.

"Wait!". She said grabbing his hand,"You have to take it down. Don't hold back or he'll kill everyone". Then she collapsed and Superman looked at her for a moment.

"Uh Supe....we got a problem". Darkforce said.

The Man of Steel looked up and saw Doomsday come out of the flames, the monster's body was now fully exposed and the bony spikes were more vivid. It roared at them in rage. Superman floated in front of Darkforce and stood tall.

"I don't know which hole you crawled out of or where you came from. But I'm sending you back". Superman said.

Doomsday roared and started running forward, Superman met him halfway and they collided causing a shockwave that shattered all the windows in the surrounding buildings. Darkforce took the time to take Wonder Woman to safety, she looked heavier than she looked but he carried her off.

He came back and saw Superman get shot by Doomsday's lasers into a building, he looked surprised and then headed for the monster.

"This thing has lasers too?!". Darkforce said, out loud.

Doomsday must have heard as he turned to face him, he threw a lamppost at the dark spartan. Darkforce easily evaded the lamppost and then launched a powerful kick the monster's way, Doomsday was kicked into the ground so hard that there was a tremor around the area. Doomsday blocked Darkforce's punch and landed a solid blow across the dark spartan's face, Darkforce fell back into the side of a parked car.

"Ow! That was a hard blow". He said to himself and felt a little dazed. But he knew that his body had a tendency to adapt to different blows landed on him, so he shook it off and got to his feet.

Then he saw Superman fly out of the building that he crashed into, he collided into Doomsday and the two kept crashing into different buildings along the way.

"This is gonna be a long fight". Darkforce said, firing his chains and going after them.

............................

The helicopter that Lois and Jimmy were on shifted out of control for a moment as another shockwave hit, Jimmy pointed the camera at her and she faced it with a serious expression.

"Most of the Justice League are nowhere to be seen. As of now, Superman and Darkforce are the last line of defense for Metropolis. We can only hope it's enough to defeat this nightmare". Lois reported.

But she was secretly worried for Superman and Darkforce, but was more worried about Darkforce because he was only a small time hero from New York and fought only thugs.

'Please be okay'. She thought as Clark came to her mind.

.......................

At Ace o Club's, Bibo Bibowski watched the news along with his customers. Then Lois' last report from earlier came on tv.

"As of now, Superman and Darkforce are the last line of defense for Metropolis. We can only hope it's enough to defeat this nightmare". Came the report.

"Hey, if you got nowhere to go. You can hang here with me until Superman and Darkforce clog this monster out. I'll be here for you, just like my boy Supe's is always there for us". Bibo said, staring at the picture he took with Superman.

......................

"An apex predator was sent here to take out Superman but when he does fall. I'll be there to save the city". Lex Luthor said,staring at his robotic armor.

He gave out a laugh.