Chapter 49

Troy was known for being a morning person. Years and years of training in Sparta made it a routine for him to wake up really early, he always got an early start and even as early as 4:00 am. It was 9:00 am right at the moment and he thought it best for the reporter that was in his room to sleep in, he knew she was extremely exhausted and after the way she drank last night there was no telling when she'd wake up. His main mission at the moment was to make breakfast, he wasn't exactly much of a cook but after getting lessons from all famous female figures in history he became pretty good at it.

The good thing about the apartment that he was staying in was that it was one of Bruce's apartments that he had all over the country when he travelled and Troy didn't have to pay on rent or anything because Bruce always took care of that. But the dark hero was getting tired of being dependent on others and thought it best to get a job or start his own company.

"Even though I hate business". He said to himself as he finished the scrambled eggs.

He then heard the soft patter of feet coming downstairs, now a normal human wouldn't have hurt them but thanks to his enhanced hearing he could easily pick it up. His hearing was nowhere to Superman's or Wonder Woman's level. Then the woman of the moment appeared while rubbing her eyes and massaging her temples, she looked great as usual even though she looked messy.

"Morning". He said,"How are you feeling?".

"Like crap". Lois said,"I'm never touching another bottle again".

"Right". Troy said, totally not convinced.

He then poured them some coffee and looked at her. She was wearing a black shirt that seemed way to big for her because the one side was rolled off her shoulder and he got a good look at the strap of her black bra, her legs were bare so he figured she was only wearing her underwear.

"Uh is that my shirt?". He asked pointing at the black shirt.

"Yeah. I hope it's not a problem". She said,"My clothes smelled like booze so I just chose the first thing in your closet".

"It's okay". He smiled,"It's not everyday a girl wears your shirt on a morning like this".

She gave a weak smile at that.

"Want some breakfast?".

"I'll just have coffee, eating scrambled eggs might make me nauseous".

He nodded and placed the mug of coffee in front of her, she took it before taking a small sip of the hot drink. She moaned at the taste and continued to take more sips.

"How's your side?". He asked.

"It's fine. Luckily, you didn't break a rib or anything". She said before rubbing her side absentmindedly.

"I'm really sorry about that".

"Troy, you don't have to apologize". Lois said touching his hand,"You also kind of prevented me from making a big mistake last night".

He nodded.

"Glad I could help".

She sighed and leaned back and tried to just block out everything.

"What are you going to do now?". He asked.

"I don't wanna go back to Metropolis yet". She said,"I might just run into him".

"You can't avoid him forever". He said.

"Yeah". She sighed but then looked up at him,"Troy, I know I might be asking a lot here and I don't want to push our boundaries but just bear with me".

Troy frowned at this but nodded for her to continue.

"Can I stay here for a few days".

"Lois......"