Chapter 14

Darkforce swung through the air as he followed a runaway train. Something went wrong and the train's brakes can't seem to work, he knew he had to stop it before it crashed into the unfinished side of the train track and possibly harming innocent civilians in the area. He followed closely behind and with every passing minute the train was picking up speed, he was a little slower today because of his injuries that he received from Atreus during their fight.

His whole right arm ached from the pain as he swung, he groaned at the mind numbing pain. He fought a few metahumans a few hours ago and they landed a few good blows on him. He obviously won but they worsened his already bad injuries. He knew that wherever Atreus was, he knew that he was also nursing his wounds. Now back to the train.

He made a back flip and landed on the top of the top train, he heard a few screams from inside. He moved quickly to the front of the train, he felt his divine sense spread out to detect his surroundings. He saw from his sixth sense that the under construction track area was still a few miles away, but seeing at the speed the train was travelling he knew he had to act fast. He landed in the front part of the train and a few civilians on board were glad to see him, he saw a woman holding a baby and at that moment he knew he could not fail.

"Darkforce! Thank God!". An elderly man said.

"Tell everyone to hold on". He said, before looking ahead of him in focus.

"Everyone, hang on!". The old man told everyone. They did as he said and they all held onto something.

"Well, here we go". Darkforce said, before jumping to the ground and digging his legs into the ground.

He leaned against the train to try  slow it down but he was still going fast, his legs were just digging deep into the ground and were only kicking up dirt and debris. He groaned in pain as his legs started to hurt, he jumped back onto the train and held his legs and looked a little panicked.

"You got any brighter ideas?". The old man asked.

"I got a few". Darkforce said, looking around.

He saw that there were buildings on either sides of the train track, it was either apartment buildings or old abandoned buildings. He fired his chains to either side of the train and he felt them stuck into the buildings, he started feeling as if he was being stretched. He groaned when he felt as his arms were getting pulled out of their sockets, then he screamed in pain when a hot white pain shot through his whole right arm. He fell forward but he caught himself quickly with his claws before he fell down.

"Whoa, watch out!". The old man said.

Darkforce held his right arm and groaned in pain, he had no choice. He had to risk his arm for the sake of the people in the train, he stood tall again and started firing multiple chains on either side of the passing buildings. He yelled as he forced his strength to hold all those chains that he fired, he felt white pain shoot through his right arm again but he ignored it and only screamed in pain. The train started to slow down and Darkforce still pulled with every ounce of strength he had, he screamed in pain at the white pain that kept pulsing in his right arm.

A news chopper flew overhead and a cameraman was filming the situation while a female reporter reported the whole thing.

"This is quite astonishing. In all my life I have never seen anything like this before, the strength that Darkforce portrays in stopping this train is admirable. But we don't know how long he'll hold on, I have received word from the police commissioner that Darkforce was wounded after facing metahumans a few hours ago. The train also seems to be still going". The reporter said.

Darkforce saw the track construction site up ahead and he pulled with all his strength, his suit started to tear open around his arms, chest and sides. The construction workers saw the train coming and they immediately evacuated the area, the train crashed through the first section of the site. Debris hit Darkforce as the train still went forward, then it came to a full stop a few inches from a nearly finished site.

The civilians looked past the carnage and saw Darkforce still holding the train, it was quiet and a few cameraman shot the whole. Darkforce breathed heavily and his chest rose with labored breaths, he let go of the chains and he fell forward and landed on the ground with a thud.

The crowd gasped in shock and horror.

"No!". A small girl yelled, running up to Darkforce.

Darkforce was slowly trying to get up but there was little energy, then he felt the little girl's body press against him.

"You can't be hurt. You're Darkforce". She cried.

Then a metallic moan came from above Darkforce and the girl. His divine sense kicked in, he looked up and saw the construction beams start to collapse.

"Olivia!!!". The girl's mother yelled, then the authorities held her when she tried to run towards her daughter.

Darkforce jumped onto the little girl and he grunted when he felt the beams collapse around him and the little girl, the people watched in horror as silence fell over the area again.

"No, please!". The girl's mother sobbed.

Then the beams gave a metallic groan and they started to rise slowly, they an arm hold up the beams. They then saw Darkforce push the little girl out underneath from the rubble, the girl's mother ran toward her and hugged her tightly.

"Are you alright?!". She exclaimed.

"Uh-huh. But Darkforce, please mommy". The girl said.

Darkforce slowly lifted the weight but quickly failed and collapsed back onto the ground, the authorities decided to pull him out. They used a device that lifted the beams a little and then two officers pulled Darkforce out, the dark spartan slowly stood on his feet with the support of the two officers.

"I'm fine". Darkforce said, gesturing his hands at them that he was fine.

"Bless you. Bless you, Darkforce. Thank you for saving my daughter". The girl's mother said, while giving Darkforce a hug.

Darkforce nodded and started walking away with a limp in his right leg, he held his rib cage and groaned at the discomfort that he got.

He heard the people clap their hands for him, he turned and saw them clapping and the cameras were focused on him. He gave a small smile under his mask, he fired his chains and took off.

               ...........................

Swinging home was painful. The two things that made it difficult to swing was his ribcage and right arm, he knew he would heal from these wounds but they always left scars to stay as reminders.

At the moment he was in his bathtub with the soap foamed up like bubbles, he felt at ease as he felt the warm water do its magic on his injured body. Most of his injuries had healed for the most part but his right arm still ached, his ribcage was partially healed and he felt much better.

"Well, this is life you decided to choose after all". Troy said to himself with closed eyes.