Chapter 70

Sorry it took so long for this chapter. I am having loads of work for college and internet issues. Here it is. I hope you like it. Comments are always appreciated.

Louis turns and looks up at Harry grasping his hand tightly. "We can take our babies home Harry" he says excitedly his expression so bright it is almost blinding in its intensity. Harry can feel the happiness pouring off of Louis in waves. They thank the doctor who says he will come around in the morning for a last exam but barring any complications he does not see why they can't go home tomorrow.

Louis literally skips over to where the babies are and after getting approval from the in charge nurse scoops up little Isabella who is the only one awake.

"We get to go home tomorrow little one. I can't wait to show you your room, and snuggle with you, and sing you lullabies, and read you stories, and have cuddle time with you and your brothers on the bed. And you get to meet your nanny. She is gonna help daddy and dad take care of you and your brothers" Louis babbles tears of happiness freely flowing and little Isabella intently looks up at him as if she understands every word. She makes a small noise and waves her little hand as if she approves.

Harry comes over and stands behind Louis resting his chin on his shoulder. "Hi my precious one" he smiles down at her causing her to make a little squeaking noise and shift her gaze searching for her dad. Harry smiles down at her before turning his head and burying it in Louis' shoulder overcome with emotion. Happiness floods his heart. No longer will they have to hand the babies off to a nurse when visiting hours are over. No longer will he have to wait to see them when he comes in from work. He can immediately hold them and touch them.

Harry was so afraid that he would not want to touch them but that feeling was thrown out the window as soon as his children were placed in his arms. He looked down and immediately fell in love with the feel of their soft skin. He felt as if he needed to hold them close and protect them from any danger. And how could he reject them when they are a living breathing part of himself and Louis.

From the happiness that he can literally feel radiating off of Louis he can tell that this will help pull him away from his depressive thoughts.

Harry can only imagine how trapped Louis felt. Needing to be close to your children and having to stay at the hospital to be able to do it. Harry was able to leave every day but Louis stayed despite being asked repeatedly if he wanted to spend a day or night away. He could not see himself leaving his children. Harry knows how much Louis missed home. He knows Louis fell in love with their home the very first time he saw it. A lot of mornings he would wake up and walk through their garden before breakfast. He would smile and look out at the meadow adjoining their property to Niall and Liam's. He would touch the leaves on the bushes and trees and pick a few flowers. He would walk to the small pond and feed the fish there. He always walked back in with a smile on his face beautiful blue eyes sparkling with life.

"We're going h-h-home Harry. We can have our family home." He whispers sniffing and turning his head giving Harry a watery smile. Harry notices the dull blue that his eyes had become beginning to brighten. That sparkle that Harry has grown to love is beginning to return.

Her brothers begin to stir and one lets out a tiny whimper causing Louis to break his gaze away from Harry and smile down at the wiggling bundle. Harry soon finds his arms full of two squirming boys. He cuddles them close pecking the top of their heads and inhaling their baby smell. "We get to go home tomorrow little ones. Your daddy is so happy" he murmurs looking over at Louis and seeing a smile so bright that it could rival the sun.

"Hello my precious boys" Louis happily says making his way to where Harry is and placing gentle kisses on the tops of their heads. Harry always being the one to make sure everything is perfect tells Louis all about his plan. His triplets going home plan has been in place since their birth. Some people would call it controlling to have every detail mapped out but to Louis it makes him feel loved and cared for.

Louis loves it when Harry tells him about his plans and ideas. He loves the fact that he does not have to worry about the details of things. And Harry enjoys taking care of all of those details. Its one way he shows Louis that he puts him before himself. He takes his time and makes sure that everything is taken care of and perfect.

Louis also loves the fact that Harry listens to his thoughts and is willing to compromise. The only time Harry is unwilling to change is when it has to do with the safety of Louis. And Louis may not agree with it, but he for the most part goes along with it. He has come to realize that Harry knows best in some matters.

"Louis when we get out of the NICU I'll talk to Simon and update him. He can alert everyone that the babies are going home earlier than planned. He will make sure the car seats are brought here in the morning."

Harry leans down and pecks Louis' cheek. "I already have bags packed for them. I already took care of everything in anticipation of their arrival home. Their rooms are fully stocked with anything they will need. The nanny who has moved locally has been on standby for her start date. She has also been shown the house and is familiar with where everything is located. Her room has been assigned and she will stay at the house with us. She will take the room next to Elizabeth's. I will also get in touch with Liam and tell him that the babies are going home earlier than expected and to inform Elizabeth. I will make sure Elizabeth knows to have the supplies she needs to make food for everyone. She can come back to our house and have prepared food carried over to Niall and Liam's. Maura is there and can help heat up anything she prepares and help with their little lovie. Extra help will be needed with three little ones at home and Elizabeth said that she would be more than happy to help out where needed. I'll send Paul to retrieve everything we need and to take Elizabeth shopping so she can make sure the pantry and freezer is stocked."

Louis looks up at Harry and smiles his mind churning with a slight adjustment to Harry's well thought out plan. "Harry why don't you let Paul stay here and send Simon. He can take Elizabeth shopping. You already said that he would be there in the morning to get the car seats anyway. It would save a trip. He can make a day of it and that would also give him and Elizabeth some alone time together before we arrive home." Louis continues on with his thoughts.

"Also maybe you could consider letting him and Elizabeth share a room. We already know they are a couple so the next logical step would be to let them be together during their off time. We both know that they are very professional and I do not believe that would change. You could even remind them that they would still have to act accordingly around us." Louis ends his sentence in a soft voice leaning over and nuzzling little Gabriel's cheek.

Harry considers all of the pros and cons of allowing them to share a room and finds he agrees with Louis. As long as they remain professional it should be a good idea. "I'll approach Simon with the idea. He and Elizabeth can discuss it tonight when they have some time off."

Louis smiles up at Harry. "I have to call mum and dad; they will probably want to come up with the girls. I'll just have to tell them to be careful with germs. Don't want our precious ones to get sick. The doctor said last week that their little immune systems were still weak, yes they are" Louis ends the sentence baby talking and nuzzling little Isabella's cheek.

Alexander chooses that moment to fill his nappy and lets out a wail that almost has every nurse running to see what's wrong. Louis sits down and Harry deposits Gabriel in his other arm while he gathers the needed supplies and changes his soiled nappy.

"O.k. little one please don't pee on your dad." Harry murmurs not forgetting the first time he changed his brother's nappy. Alexander looks up at Harry his green eyes filled with tears and lower lip stuck out in a pout that reminds him so much of Louis.

Harry quickly cleans his delicate skin as he squirms and whimpers. He finishes up before a full blown wail can escape his tiny mouth. He picks him up cuddling him close. "There we are love all clean, shhh. It's ok now." Harry says placing a kiss on his soft cheek.

Alexander stops whimpering and gazes at his dad's face as if it is the most interesting thing he has ever seen. "I love you little one" Harry murmurs kissing his cheek and cuddling him close. He and Louis spend the next hour cuddling their children and having a few nurses that are not working tomorrow giving their babies tearful goodbyes. Soon visiting hours are over and Louis and Harry reluctantly hand them back knowing that they can visit them later.

They return to their room and Harry talks to Simon who assures them that he will inform every one of the changes to Harry's earlier orders. Before the conversation ends Harry informs Simon of Louis' idea of allowing him and Elizabeth to be together. He also tells him that he can have the night off and that he will be helping Elizabeth make sure the house is prepared.

Harry warns that if this changes the way Simon or Elizabeth handles their jobs that he will put a stop to it immediately. Simon assures him that he will discuss this in length with Elizabeth and he will let him know the answer when he arrives for the triplet’s departure tomorrow. He says that he will inform Paul of the change in guard duty.

Harry dismisses him and Simon gives Louis a grateful smile before leaving the room. Louis and Harry spend the next little bit cuddling on the bed both feeling content and relaxed. Louis looks up at Harry his face breaking out into an award winning smile.

"Our babies are coming home Harry" he softly says giggling and leaning up to peck his lips. "Yes they are" Harry replies smiling. Louis' eyes take on a darker shade as one tiny hand begins to caress Harry's chest. "You know tonight is probably gonna be the last night that we can be together without interruption. Why don't we take advantage of it" he huskily whispers biting on his lower lip and peeking up at Harry.

Harry smirks and pulls Louis close hand snaking around and cupping his firm perfectly rounded bum. "I think that is a perfect idea" he murmurs as he rolls on top of Louis and they both soon find themselves lost in each other.

_____________

Their trip home with the little ones closely mirrors Liam and Niall's. Harry barking orders about the safest speed and route to travel and Louis fretting over the car seats and if the babies are secured correctly. They finally make it home and both Paul and Simon breathe a sigh of relief.

Elizabeth comes rushing out informing Harry that the nanny is stuck in traffic and will be delayed by another half an hour. She insists on carrying one of the slumbering loves in. All three babies fell asleep within minutes of each other as soon as the trip home began. Louis gently picks up Gabriel while Harry gets Isabella. Elizabeth has already taken little Alexander out of his seat and is following close behind. Louis takes a deep breath and looks around smiling as Simon opens the door. They step through the threshold faces all containing smiles. Louis keeps glancing around as they make their way to the babies rooms trying to figure out where the surprise is that Harry has promised him. Harry opens the door and Louis steps into the room eyes going wide and a gasp escaping his pink lips.

"Oh Harry"