Chapter 55

Simon nods at a passing nurse eyes alert and focused on his surroundings. They decided on a shared room for Mr. Tomlinson-Styles and Mr. Payne-Styles so that it would be easier for Simon to watch over them. Mrs. Styles gave Simon a list of prearranged nurses to enter and Simon has been intently looking at every nurses name tag that has tried to enter matching it up with the photos provided by her. No one is going to harm the two pregnant men inside on his watch.

He checks his phone again and frowns when he sees that neither Mr. Styles nor Mr. Payne-Styles has sent him a text letting him know how things are going. He wishes Paul were o.k. so that he could have gone with them. Paul had a severe blow to the head and they want to keep him a few days to make sure there are no side effects from his injury. Simon knows they can take care of themselves but that does not stop him from being concerned.

He glances back in the room seeing a slumbering Mr. Tomlinson-Styles and Mr. Payne-Styles frowning at the bruise each man has on their cheek. He can also see evidence of bruises on their arms from being grabbed tightly. He has grown quite fond of the lads and it is upsets him that they were hurt in any way. He walks to Louis' bedside and looks around before lightly running his fingers through his fringe pushing it out of his eyes. He steps back and smiles down at him. He has grown quite fond of him and almost thinks of him as a son, although neither Mr. Tomlinson-Styles nor Mr. Styles know his thoughts. He tries to keep a professional demeanor around Mr. Styles knowing that is what he likes.

He inspects the room and then takes his position in the doorway eyes alert for any changes. He receives a text quickly tapping a response to Mr. Styles smiling because he now knows both men are safe and on their way. He breathes a sigh of relief knowing that Mr. Styles has not been harmed in any way.

Simon has been with Mr. Styles since he took over the company from Mr. Payne. He has watched him grow colder and reserved, and he began to fear for him as he observed the dead look to his eyes. He could see him slowly spiraling down and could do nothing about it. He silently watched every night as he sat looking into the fire hunched over and lost in memories of the past. He watched him go through sub after sub not really finding that connection he needed, that spark that made the difference. He dreaded every time Mr. Grimshaw came over to visit because Mr. Styles always seemed worse each time. He could almost taste the sadness it was so thick in the air at times. He could see the longing look every time his brother and mum hugged or touched. He could tell he inwardly longed for that closeness but was also afraid of it at the same time.

Simon was left wondering if he would wake up one day to find Mr. Styles dead. He knew it would not be from drugs, he abhorred them from what he went through with his mum. But he knew he would eventually find some way to end his life. He could see it in his eyes every time Mr. Styles looked at him. And the sad part about it, Mr. Styles had everyone believing he was o.k. He was a master at hiding his emotions, his feelings. Everyone looked to him as being a cold hearted businessman but Simon knew different.

Somewhere trapped in that harsh exterior was a child longing to be held, a man longing for the one person who could make a difference. The one person who could break his almost impenetrable walls down that he had erected.

Then Mr. Tomlinson came along. He was like a breath of fresh air, light to his darkness. Simon will never forget the shock that invaded his senses at what happened on their first dinner out. Not only did Mr. Styles walk him to the door but he touched him without gloves, pulled him close and kissed him, and allowed him to touch him back. After that night Simon began to notice a change in Mr. Styles.

A lightness formed in his steps. He no longer looked at the world with dead eyes. His eyes began to show life. He would smile at random times lost in thoughts of Mr. Tomlinson. He would curl up on his bed talking to him on the phone and randomly talk to him throughout the day, all with a smile on his face. No longer did he sit brooding and staring at the fire. He would sit laughing feet tucked under him either texting or talking to his love. And that is what he became to him even if he did not realize it yet. He did not wake up screaming in the middle of the night tormented by nightmares. He usually just threw money at his subs not really caring what he bought them but he took the time to make sure each and every gift for Mr. Tomlinson was perfect. He even took the file he had collected of Mr. Tomlinson and burned it along with the contracts and papers he had prepared for him to become his submissive.