Chapter 78

Harry sits in the living room cuddling a now sleeping Isabella to his chest his two sons sleeping in a portable crib only a few feet from him. He has not let them out of his sight since he returned home to find his love taken from him.

"Harry I fixed you a plate. Son you need to eat something" Anne says worriedly seeing the vacant expression on his face.

"Not hungry" Harry mumbles shifting Isabella in his arms and glancing over at his two slumbering sons in the crib. Anne sighs and settles on the couch beside him.

"Harry the police are doing everything they can. Simon is calling all of his contacts to see if anyone can help. Harry we are going to find him. And he will be safe and in your arms before you know it."

"Mum he's out there somewhere, alone and if the test is correct pregnant. What if he was shot as they kidnapped him? What if they hit him or push him down. What if they hurt him and make him lose the baby. Mum I need him here. I really need him here. He has to come back to me. He just has to. I can't lose him mum. I need him, the babies need him. I can't live without him mum, I just can't." Harry whispers brokenly tears streaming down his cheeks. He glances over at her eyes dead and devoid of life.

"Mum the babies have only been home for five weeks. They need more time with their daddy. Mum they are so tiny, only ten weeks old. They have so much of their life ahead of them. Mum the attacker ripped off his necklace. It has a tracking device placed in there for times like this. Mum I can't use I-I-It to find him. Mum I really n-n-need Louis, I need them safe."

Anne hesitantly reaches a hand out to him and is surprised when he allows her to place her hand on his shoulder. What surprises her even more is that he shifts closer and cuddles into her side shifting the baby so that she is not wedged between them.

Anne wraps her arm around Harry and gently rubs his shoulder almost afraid to touch anywhere else and cause him to pull away. They sit this way for a while Harry sobbing and Anne comforting him the best that she can.

Liam enters the room and gazes at the scene unfolding in front of his eyes. Harry sobbing uncontrollably his emerald eyes dull and lifeless and Anne eyes watery biting her lip trying to hold her own emotions in and be strong for Harry. Isabella starts to squirm and before Liam can blink Niall rushes past him and stops in front of Harry.

"Let me take her and see if she needs a new nappy. I won't take her out of the room just over there to the other couch. I promise." Niall gently says not really sure how Harry will react. He has not let anyone touch the babies since gathering them from Elizabeth, Perrie, and Simon's arms earlier.

Liam slowly approaches the broken man in his mum's arms and sinks to his knees in front of him. "Harry its ok Niall won't leave the room with her. We all know you need to keep them close. Simon is patrolling the grounds. He told me earlier that he has acquaintances coming over in an hour and some of them will search and guard the grounds while others will begin searching for Louis. Harry we will find him. We will bring him home safe."

Harry turns his head gazing up at Niall and reluctantly hands him Isabella who has begun to whimper needing a change. His eyes track Niall's movements as he grabs a nappy out of the bag containing the babies' supplies. Harry shifts away from Anne but still remains close. He sighs and wipes the tears off his cheeks only for them to be replaced with new ones.

"I-I-It's not that I don't trust you Niall, or anyone else for that matter. I just need to keep them close. I need to keep them with me. I need to make sure their safe. If they are with me I know that they won't be taken too."

"And we understand that Harry. No one thinks badly of you for keeping them near. I feel the same way about mine. Elizabeth is giving her a bath right now and I have already checked on her three times in the ten minutes she has been out of my arms." Niall says as he makes short work of changing Isabella tickling her tummy and cooing down at her about how much uncle Niall loves her. As soon as he fastens her clothes Gabriel and Alexander begin to wake up. Anne rushes to prepare bottles and soon the sounds of gentle suckling fill the room as all three drink their fill.