Chapter 77

Niall sits in the safe room clutching a now sleeping Eilis to his chest. He takes a few shaky breaths willing his panic away. He closes his eyes and tries to think of anything to get his mind off the fact that he is locked in a small room not sure when he will be able to get out. He can hear Liam's soothing words through the speaker of his phone telling Niall that he will be there soon. He hears a hiss of pressurized air indicating the door will be opening in a few seconds. He stands and makes his way to a side room trembling hand on the door ready to slam it closed if the person entering is one of the gunmen. A familiar head peers around the now opened door and Niall cries out rushing into the arms of his beloved. Liam hangs up the phone just in time to catch his husband as he launches himself and their child into his arms. He closes his eyes and tightly grasps his love and his lovie to him sobbing in relief that they are safe.

"How's everyone please tell me they're safe" Niall cries out grasping the lapel of Liam's suit with his free hand.

"I don't know babe. I came straight here when you called. I just had to check on you and our lovie first. Stay here and I will go check on everyone else."

"No, I'm coming with you. You can't leave me here. You know I don't like tight places" Niall whimpers panicking even more at the thought of being locked into the safe room again.

"Niall I need to know the two of you are safe" Liam pleads trying to convince him to stay behind but Niall is having none of it. Liam sighs and grasps Niall close both of them quickly walking to his car eyes widening as they see police lights flashing from next door. They both jump in rushing over and completely ignoring the shouting officer guarding the entrance to the crime scene.

They are greeted with chaos as numerous police and their dogs are milling about tearing up the garden in their haste to find anything. One of the officers glances up recognizing Liam and rushes over to him.

"Can you please get something that belongs to Mr. Tomlinson-Styles so that our dogs can have his scent? Mr. Styles was supposed to bring something back but he has not returned from the house yet."

Niall rushes into the mud room Liam right on his heels. Liam snatches a jacket of Louis' off the hook and takes it out to the awaiting officer quickly rejoining Niall inside.

"We need to get everyone out of the safe room. Elizabeth and Perrie are probably frantic" Niall grabs Liam's arm as they rush to the hidden opening being guarded by Niall's bodyguard. Taylor nods his head and opens the hidden door stepping back so that Niall and Liam can pass. Just as Niall reaches the opening an ear piercing scream reaches them causing Liam to flinch.

"That sounds like Harry" he says motioning for Taylor to guard Niall as he accepts the gun that is being held out to him and rushes upstairs. He finds Harry panicking trying to push a police officer away.

"Mr. Styles please I heard your scream. Please I need to see if you are hurt" the officer says trying to reach for Harry again only to be harshly kicked.

"Let me, I'm his brother. He doesn't like being touched" Liam interjects coming close and dropping down beside Harry tucking the gun into his jacket pocket.

"Don't touch me! Only Louis can touch me! Where is Louis! I need Louis!" Harry screams rocking back and forth clutching something to his chest.

Liam sees the vacant expression in Harry's eyes and realizes that he is trapped in a place his mind has taken him. "Harry its Liam. I need you to focus on my voice. You need to come back to me. We need to go check on your babies. They are really scared and need their dad right now."

Harry turns his head blinking his eyes clearing and focusing on the person sitting beside him. "L-L-Liam. Someone took him. Someone took my Louis. There were gunshots and he might be hurt" Harry whimpers clutching the collar of Liam's suit jacket tightly.