Chapter 85

"Sir" echos across the palatial office and Harry sighs as he pulls his eyes off of the documents he is reviewing to meet the icy gaze of Simon standing in the now closed doorway.

"A word please" echoing in sharp clipped words has Harry inwardly wincing at the harshness of his tone. He motions Simon over and his stiff posture and emotionless face has Harry raising an eyebrow and leaning back in his chair. Something has Simon upset and he is curious as to what has set off his trusted employee.

"Tomorrow is Christmas Eve sir" Simon states as he stops in front of the desk arms crossed forgoing the plush leather chair that Harry motioned for him to sit at.

"And your point is?" Harry asks not sure what to make of the attitude that is being presented to him. "I have documents that need reviewing so they can be submitted" he says picking up said papers and looking down at them waving his hand in dismissal.

Green eyes widen and a gasp escapes as papers are roughly pulled out of his hands, his gaze snaps up to Simon who is now leaning over his desk face radiating fury.

"You need to get your head out of your arse and pay attention to what is going on around you is what you need to do." Simon snarls as he straightens up placing said papers on the edge of the desk.

"You may get angry at me but I'm going to say what everyone wants to but are to afraid to. You have kept yourself holed up in this office for two straight days. You have your meals delivered, which according to Elizabeth you are barely eating. You rarely have been around your husband or children. Louis is walking around wringing his hands clearly in distress. He has been making excuses about a big merger that you are trying to take care of and telling his parents that you will be ready to spend time with everyone soon."

"He cornered me an hour ago and literally asked me if he did something wrong. He recently found out he was pregnant then was abducted and returned only a few days ago. Discovered that the man that helped him escape and return to you could or could not be the father of the person he loves more than his own life. And is now being ignored by said person and walking around clearly upset. He has gone through a lot and he is asking me if HE did something wrong" Simon growls eyes flashing with anger piercing gaze catching the attention of one now stunned Harry Styles.

Harry's eyes widen and he takes a deep breath Simons words that were furiously spat at him sinking in. He has been neglecting his Louis and his children. His Louis is upset, his Louis thinks he did something wrong. His eyes close as images of Louis when his postpartum depression was in full swing flash before his eyes.

He takes a few deep breaths eyes still tightly closed and the expression that is on his face has Simon's fury halting in its tracks. The mask that has been gracing Harry's features crumbles before Simon's very eyes.

"I just don't know what to do" Harry brokenly whispers trying to regain composure but failing. "I came in here to think but I ended up trying to throw myself into my work to see if it would help rid me of these thoughts that are constantly plaguing me. That man that claims to be my father is no longer in my house but I can still feel his presence. He still haunts my thoughts. I don't know what to do Simon. I don't know how to feel."

"Mum has the results of the DNA test but says she will not give them to me until the first of the year. I know that she is trying to prolong it because of the holidays but I really want to know. I long for the answer like my next breath but am terrified of the results. What if he is only pretending to be my father and is using the fact that he rescued me from that evil man as a reason to get my money."

"What if he is my father and is trying to get close to me and gain my trust so that he can take my money. What if he is telling the truth. Should I let him in my life, in the lives of my husband and children? Should I make him leave and then wonder what it would be like if I had let him stay."

What if he is my father and I get close to him and he leaves me like mum did" Harry softly says the evidence of this new development in his life clearly etched on his face that now shows a sadness Simon has not seen since Mr. Tomlinson-Styles entered his life.

"You take it one day at a time and focus on what's important right now." Simon says voice taking a softer tone. "You try your best to clear your mind and rid it of these depressing thoughts. The problem will still be there tomorrow, and the day after, and even a few months from now. But that's ok."

"It's ok to think about what you need to do about the situation but don't let it consume you. Give your husband a hug, hold your children close, spend time with your brother. Every day is a gift that should be celebrated. You have a loving husband, healthy children. A mother, brother, and brother-in-law that love you and care for you. You have a life that many could only dream of. Don't take it for granted."

"I know it is difficult and I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through but please try to remember that you have more to this life than this problem. He may or may not be your father but take one day at a time and try not to let yourself become consumed with him or what he represents. And if you find the situation not what it needs to be and he never darkens your door again you have people that love you, people that care for you, people that will stand by you no matter what life throws at you. You have come through more than most people would face if they had numerous lives on this earth and have come out strong, smart, and have overcome things that would make most people give up. Don't let this problem defeat you."

Harry takes both hands and rubs his face trying to rid it of the few tears that escaped. His head snaps up as a timid sounding knock sounds through the now quiet room.

The door opens and Harry can't help but smile as he sees Louis step inside. "Mum and dad have taken the kids with them to Liam and Niall's house. Sorry to disturb you but I just wanted you to know" he softly says and pulls back slowly stepping out of the door.

"Louis wait" Harry calls out catching his attention causing him to step into the room again. "Please come here baby" Harry softly says standing up and moving to the side of his desk. As soon as he holds his hands out a look of relief washes over Louis' features and he rushes into Harry's arms snuggling close.

"Sorry I have been so preoccupied lately. Give me a moment and I'll tell you all about it." Harry softly says as he places a gentle kiss on the top of Louis's head.

"Simon was just leaving but I wanted to let you know about the raise I am giving him, Paul, and Elizabeth and enviting them to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our family."

"Sounds wonderful" Louis murmurs as he hugs Harry tightly relishing the feeling of his arms around him.

"That will be all. Louis and I have much to discuss" Harry says as his gaze focuses on his world that he is holding in his arms. Simon turns and quickly makes his way to the door. Right when he gets ready to exit the room he hears his name called. He turns to see Harry intently looking his way. "Thank you, for everything" Harry says a soft smile gracing his features.

"No thanks needed sir" Simon replies as he closes the door and walks back down the hallway a smile now gracing his features.

I am so sorry you have had to wait this long for an update. It is completely unedited but I wanted to get this chapter to you. I have had so much going on lately and honestly lost my motivation to write. I still love my stories and plan on finishing them I just need to get back into my writing groove. Thanks for your patience and I hope to make you not have to wait a long time for the next chapter.