Chapter 37

Louis looks up dread filling his veins. Nick stands in front of him blocking his path. What makes Louis nervous is the fact that they are in a hallway and no one can see what is going on. Where is Harry Louis thinks as he tries to look past him. Nick looks at Louis maliciously and smirks down at him. "Well if it isn't the little slut. Anne told me all about the baby. I know that this baby's not Harry's and you’re only after his money. Harry would never want to have a child with someone like you. Why don't you do everyone a favor and leave before you embarrass yourself and Harry when he figures out how much of a slut you are and how you’ve cheated on him.” Nick is abruptly cut off from a stinging slap to his cheek. Louis is now looking at him eyes blazing with fury.

“Shut up, you know nothing of Harry and I’s relationship. In fact you don’t and will never know what it’s like to have a relationship with him. He doesn’t want a child molester for a boyfriend, because that’s what you are, an old pervert that took advantage of an innocent child and had a relationship with him. You took advantage of someone who was too young to see how disgusting you really are, how wrong that relationship was. You can’t stand the fact that he’s with me, making love to me, touching me, letting me touch him, telling me he loves me. And this baby is his and do you want to know why, because we have sex without protection. I get to feel him deep inside me. I have seen every square inch of his body; he is completely naked when we make love. I have kissed and caressed him in ways you could only imagine. You will never have him back. He doesn’t want you. Now turn around and take your perverted, child molesting arse away from me and out of my boyfriend’s mum’s house. You are not wanted here.”

Nick grabs Louis’s arm in a punishing grip and pulls him close and just as he raises his hand to hit him he feels his wrist grasped tightly. “Get your fucking hands off of him” he hears a voice snarl and turns his head to see Harry standing behind him eyes blazing. Nick lets go of Louis’s arm and twists around. Harry lets go of his wrist and his eyes rake over Louis as if accessing for injuries. He turns his attention back to Nick and his face is so contorted with fury that Nick takes a step back afraid of the man in front of him. Harry lunges toward Nick fists clinched and ready to strike. Liam suddenly appears behind Harry grasping his waist knowing that Harry does not like being touched but also knowing that Harry does not need to do anything that could result in a lawsuit. Harry struggles against Liam’s grasp snarling at Nick. “Don’t ever touch him again. Keep your hands off him.” Nick turns to walk away only to be stopped by an infuriated Irishman. A loud crack can be heard throughout the hallway as Niall’s hand connects with Nick’s cheek. Nick snarls “get out of my way” and pushes Niall just hard enough for him to stumble back. Liam’s vision clouds with red as he sees Niall’s hand automatically go to his belly as if protecting the baby as he regains his footing. Liam lets go of Harry and strides toward Nick. Liam grabs his shoulder spinning him around and punches him in the face. Nick staggers back and grabs his cheek.

Liam looks at Nick and snarls “Get out before I throw you out.” Nick turns on his heel and quickly exits the house. Harry turns and notices how pale Louis has become. “Baby are you o.k., did he hurt you” he worriedly asks as he gathers him close rubbing his back in a soothing pattern and feeling him tremble. Soft sobs began to come from Louis and Harry holds him close.

Liam rushes over to Niall and pulls him into a tight embrace. “Did he hurt you? Niall are you o.k.?” Niall  whispers “I’m fine” and begins to sob into Liam’s chest and Harry and Liam can do nothing but look at each other neither one knowing what to do about the two hormonal sobbing men in their arms. Anne chooses that moment to walk up and sees Liam and Harry trying to calm down an upset Niall and Louis. “What happened? I was tied up in the kitchen and came out to see Nick rushing out holding his face. I then looked for all of you and could not find you. I figured I might as well search the house. Is everything o.k.” Harry looks at Anne and softly says. “I’ll come over tomorrow and explain everything, right now go back to your guests we’ll join you in a moment. Anne leaves concern still etching her face giving both of them a this is not over with look.