Chapter 35 : Chest

Start from the beginning

- "Are you okay?" Max asked. "You look sad, did something happen ?"

- "Nothing more than usual," Jane answered, looking down.

- "Hey, (gently grabbs her hand) you know you can talk to me, right?"

Max rubbed her friend's hand and realised it was maybe not a good idea to do this in the hall where everyone could see them. She quickly removed it, like if it was burning. The two girls were a bit blushing, not daring to look at each other. Max wanted to hold Jane's hand way longer.

- "Sorry," Max mumbled, tucking her hair behind her ears.

- "It's, it's okay," Jane frowned, biting her lip. "(clears her throat) Thank you, for coming yesterday. Even if, I wasn't really (makes movements with her hand at the level of her head) in the mood, it changed my mind."

- "No problem, when you want," the redhead smiled.

Max's heat increased so rapidly that she thought she had a brutal fever! But she couldn't detach her eyes from Jane, from her lips. She wondered if it wasn't just a big attraction than love, technically, she didn't really know the difference. She began to worry about her feelings and looked down. While she was trying to figure out, she noticed that Jane was wearing again the bracelet she bought her and couldn't hold a smile.

- "Hey Jane!" Abigail called followed by Alban and other teens. "How is your chest?"

The others watched the teens walking far from them before turning to Jane. The young girl was staring into space with wide opened eyes, her hand on her chest, tensing her tee-shirt.

- "What's wrong with your chest?" Dustin frowned.

- "Nothing," Jane answered too quickly.

Jane was again in the forest. She was seeing Alban, forcing her to shut up, almost choking her, and Abigail, topping her with her blade and...kissing her with her moist and dirty lips, grabbing her...brutally while the others were blocking her against the floor, not able to move to defend herself.

- "Jane?" Max called.

The redhead placed her hand on Jane's arm, but the girl had a defensive start and hit the lockers behind her, still staring into space.

- "Jane, did Abigail hurt you?" Lucas asked with a concerned tone.

Jane was still staring into space but was slowly coming back.

- "I have to go, I don't wanna be late, see you," Jane said.

She took her crutch and her bag and limped to her class under her friends' lost eyes.

- "She doesn't seem okay," Dustin stated.

- "She doesn't seem okay!? She was shaking more than someone who has Parkinson! She was more than not okay!" Beverly told with anger.

- "I'm gonna kick their ass at those assholes!" Max intervened, gritting her teeth.

- "We have to find out what happened, they could do it again!" Lucas said. "She was already feeling bad because of the papers..."

- "She got more!?" Bev asked with a shocked and disappointed tone.

- "Yeah, she was reading them when I arrived, I took them."

- "Show me."

- "Um...no."

- "What!? Why!?"

- "She doesn't want us to read what's on them."

- "But it's to help her! It's not because we are curious or whatever! It's probably Abigail and Alban who gave her majority of this damn papers!" Beverly explained.