Chapter VII ~ Joshua

Chapter 7 ~ Joshua

No quote today. Seemed wrong because I got them straight for the past days.

Fredd spent most of his time with Mary, his not-yet-girlfriend as he would name her. That left most of the time with Kennard who still had a secret crush with Alex. And me? I could go on with highschool without a lover. Just let my friends happy with that thing they called love.

"Did you make a move on her?" I asked Kennard on Math class.

"Move?" Kennard brought his books and notebooks out and shook his head.

"What are you doing? Jason, the junior, is taking the first step!" Fredd scolded him.

"I guess we weren't for each other and he is M.T.B. with her." he muttered.

"MTB?" I asked, dumbfolded.

"Ohhhh. Well, there's no such thing as 'meant-to-be' you know. We can break fate anytime. We create our own destiny, maybe with the help of God," I said out of nowhere.

Fredd grinned on his phone screen, texting Mary from another class. "Listen to him, Kenny."

"No, I suggest we listen to the teacher." Our Math teacher was young and fresh graduate. She had a soft voice, petit body and gracious movements. One time, Fredd teased Kennard that he liked her. Of course, just in the three of us because bringing that out could cause malice. Special teacher-student relationship was one major offense in my school.

The bell rang and we were dismissed. I was glad time was a little fast in Math class. Unlike in Chemistry where time had the power to manipulate minds. A minute seemed an hour.

"Cabalce, Yamaguchi, Silva," she called the three of us. I hated being called after class especially when History would be the next subject and you were trying not to be late. "How come the three of you could pass my subject even without listening in my discussions? Count that it's you who were the highest too. Unbelievable." We weren't sure if she's angry or amazed.

"We were listening, Miss Roche," Fredd lied. His phone glowed on his pocket and i prevented my laughter. It could make things worse.

"You think I can't see you three talky boys from the board?" Our Math teacher sighed. "Just go. Next time, listen to my discussions. I won't give another chance when you babble in class."

"Yes, ma'am," Kennard answered and we nodded.

"By the way, Yamagychi, see me after class. I have something to tell you." She waved us out when girls came in for the next class. We were shocked. That made me and Fredd curious. What if our friend was hiding something from us?

When we walked the hallway, Fredd couldn't contain himself. "What was that all about? Don't say you really have a relationship with Miss Roche."

"Fredd! I don't, that's stupid. Of course, not."

"Then what do you think it is about?" I asked.

He shrugged. "That's why she asked me to see her later for me to know."

"Is it the reason why you got straight A's in Math?" Fredd insisted.

"No!" Fredd denied. "And if we were hiding something, she wouldn't say it infront of my crazy friends that will pry over us."

"I'm still not convinced," Fredd said, but I guess deep inside he was. They weren't that dumb to plan a secret date infront of Kennard's 'crazy' friends.

"Whatever, we're late in class." Kennard pulled Fredd with him and waved me goodbye."

~

After dismissal, I went up to the fifth floor of our school alone in the wide hallway where the club rooms were. Fredd and Kennard went home because I asked them not to wait for me. The meeting might take a long while, I had no idea because it would be my first time.