Chapter XXXVII ~ Thonia

"We're late for the meeting!" Asaila dragged me to the library for the planning for the outreach program with the Student Government and some teachers. She ran and pulled me by my wrist until we reached the door. I did not like to come because Joshua wouldn't be there because he had an entrance exam for a university together with Gabe, Fredd and Stephen. I had filled-up the form but failed to submit all requirements needed that's why I could not take the exam.

We stopped and took deep breaths before opening the double doors. The meeting was already starting with the lead of Rick, the Student Council representative. There were familiar faces from my clubs, the faculty and my classes. Rhed was also there beside May, who was the proxy of his brother beside a man who was wearing plain blue shirt and pants; he really looked familiar. We sat beside Liza and listened to what was going on.

The man with blue shirt was discussing the contents of the folder he was holding. "PharmaSilva will donate goods, medicines and the transportation expense." He looked up and studied our faces. "By sea or air?"

"The sea to the South sounds good." One member of the committee suggested. There were tables lined together to form a long single table like the ones you'd find in business meeting rooms.

"By air can be the easiest and fastest way to go there." My Economics teacher said raising his brow to the student who suggested the first option.

"Yeah, using the sea will take hours before we reach the place." Another teacher from middle school said.

"What if not everyone has passports or government-registered ID's?" The same student who went for sea said.

"What if some are nauseatic?"

"The survivors need the relief goods as soon as possible!"

The man with blue shirt cleared his throat and said formally, "We can talk to a company friend to give us large discounts both for the same medium, doesn't need passports or too much papers since we're just domestic travelling."

Our principal also chimed in. She was young looking for her age with apple cut hair and contact lenses. "We can donate for the transportation."

"Wouldn't that cost a lot?" Another woman, my brother's age, with red hair and PharmaSilva shirt said.

Despite all the super tensing attention, I dared to raise my hand and add a suggestion. "What if we choose the cheapest way? I guess that is by the sea, then we can simply use the excess allowance to buy more goods." My eyes landed to the shelves of books on one side and kept myself from trembling. "Yes, they need it A.S.A.P but a day or hours delay isn't that long after what they've been through..." I saw few nods while others simply stared somewhere else or glared at me.

"Good point, Miss—" he leaned forward to ask for my name.

"Buenviaje." May answered for me. She was about to tell something more but seemed to notice all the other people so she simply grinned at me then to the man and kept quiet.

"Okay, we are going to take sea bound." The stranger man said and placed his hand behind his neck. Was he Josh's father? Oh my god, they look so alike doing that gesture! Why hadn't I guessed.

I almost cursed after seeing what he did. "Are you fine?" Liza asked with concern, Rick heard her and looked.

"Yes. Yes." I repeated.

Asaila smirked and kept her laughter while the meeting proceeded. "Father-in-law," she whispered at me.

I fished my phone from my bag and checked the time; eleven forty-seven, thirteen minutes before their exams began. I texted Gabe, Fredd and Stephen Godbless! :) and Josh a longer message including Godbless to the exam! Hmm, is this your father? :/ XD