Chapter XXXXXIII ~ Joshua

"Hi, dad."

Thonia said after walking a long while from the parking lot of the Memorial Park. It was my first time to go here, while she seemed to be fond of this place. She knelt on the tombstone of her dad and sat on the grass. She beckoned me to sit beside her as she took out what she bought from the bookstore.

Thonia glanced back at me and smiled. "Instead of candles and flowers, we bring paintbrushes to him."

"I wish I could meet him." I silently said.

She moved closer beside me and placed an arm around my shoulder. "Joshua, meet my father. Dad, this is Joshua. He..." she paused. "He made a lot of differences in my life."

"No, sir, she was the one who changed me."

Thonia leaned her head on my shoulder and I set mine on the top of her. I was glad she was becoming herself again. The exams were done and I hoped we had all the time until the next chapter of our lives opened.

"Josh?" She said after a while.

"Don't tell me you just like to say my name," I chuckled, wanting to hear her voice all day long.

She did not reply. I cannot see her face but I felt my shoulder dampened. I simply pulled her closer to me. Another fear conquered, she cried in public.

"Sorry. Josh, I'm sorry." She whispered through sobs.

"For what, Thones?" I brushed her hair, hoping that could help her.

She shook her head. "For being a bad girlfriend and a bad friend for the past weeks and..."

When I realized she had no plan to continue, I said, "Don't worry, you can spend the summer paying back." Her breathing went a silly and her tears flowed faster.

"Hey, hey, it's all right." I fixed her face between my hands, wiped her tears using my thumbs and hugged her again tigthly. "Just cry all you want, I'm here to wipe your tears."

"I love you," she whispered.

"With all my heart and mind." I stared in the universe held inside her eyes and kissed her.