~*Chapter Thirteen*~

- Sorry for the delay, the pressure of being a student.

Chapter Thirteen

There's no use for following the yellow sidewalks anymore.

"What was the time she left?" I stuffed my old clothes into an empty duffel bag I found under Luke's bed. I ran back to the stand and grabbed my wallet, ear still pressing onto the phone. Eden sounded sick and I couldn't help but to be affected by it. This was no joke, it's been awhile since that witch decided to accomplish the job herself. Trust me, nothing come good when she took matters in her own hands.

Eden and I weren't the best people to be cooperated with, we seemed to let loose too much and messed things up. Still, everything ended perfect at the last minute. Simply because we weren't serious before and if we finally got on our feets, shit just got real.

That's the fact why Stella wanted to piston our mouths and be done with it. She's an uptight bitch and there's no doubt she wasn't. Sometimes she gave me an impression that she was actually envy our easy-going attitude while she was being the bad cop. Too bad we didn't give a shit.

"Her secretary said probably four hours ago, he saw her booking the ticket." I nearly choked on my spit as I readjusted the phone, wanting to press on the 'speaker' button.

"You said what now? She's coming here with plane!" My jaw dropped dramatically because at this time, it needed to hit on the floor. She's impossible, how could she do that to me. I started to panic again, knowing she was probably in town roaming for me.

I felt my heart quickened and the beating rate was unusual for others, the lack of oxygen in the air was hurting my lungs. I tried to breathe, controlling my pulses and calming myself. The sea was going to engulf me again, tearing my memories away with its mighty crispy waves. 

When I thought my mind was going to go blank as sheet, I found myself quickly calmed down as a warm touch gripped on my forearm. I winced at the pain and shot a glare, meeting his darkened pupils.

"What're you doin'?" I tugged back my arm, the release was short before he held me again.

"Packing, can't you see?" I used my free hand to zip the bag, throwing it over my shoulder and walking away from Luke.

His grip got harder as I bit down his hand. Cursing, he quickly released me. I took the opportunity to take off, running and dodging his unneccessary junks that were cramping his house. Finally about to escape the demon's claws, he managed to catch up on me and this time he made sure I couldn't bite him by wrapping his arms around my waist. It took my breath away, literally.

'I-I can't-can't..." I gasped for air and struggled in his grip.

"Ops, sorry." He loosened the grip as I sucked in the life source. I thought I was dying at the exact moment.

"Did you know you nearly killed me with your Godzilla's strength?" I nudged his abdomen with my elbow, he laughed and dipped his face into my neck. What the fuck he was doing? 

"You smell nice, darlin'." Darlin'?

Normally, I would just melt into that sweet Texas twang of his. But I wasn't normal, and with the witch on my ass, there's no time for squishing sugary talk. This was no breakfast at Tiffany or Starbuck, and fuck him to think that I would fall for Darlin', whatever how he pronounced it.

"Let go, Luke. Got the term 'personal space' in your dictionary?" I hissed sarcastically and kept on struggling, I just hoped he would stop making this complicated.