~*Chapter Twenty*~

-Finally, Luke's secret!

Vote and Comment, my beautiful ladybugs! ~extreme puppy dog eyes~

Recap:

Blood.

Oh god.

~*Chapter Twenty*~

"Louis!"

A rush of air exploded beside me as Kyle lunged forward, but Luke caught him around the waist before he could go sprinting toward the mouth of Hades. Anger flared around Kyle's eyes, writhing and fighting against Luke's grip. My ear drums were throbbing with the wild beating of my heart, knowing that Kyle wasn't aware of the danger around us. Luke kept his mouth shut, trying to find his way to get a hold of my hand. I was too shaken to step closer to Luke because I was locking my eyes at one thing that threatened to kill Kyle if he wouldn't shut the fuck up right this moment.

The shitty lighting from above bounced off the gun barrel, pointing directly at Kyle's head.  

The man held a poker face with his eerie black eyes glinting dangerously, under his right eye was an ugly scar that strentched down to the tip of his lips. The milky cowboy hat looked out of place along with his casual attire - green plaid shirt and snug black jeans. I gulped silently the way he held the silver pistol firmly, the fear of dying hit me like a wave. My legs were so rooted in place that I could barely speak. And what scared me the most was Kyle had broken Luke's grip off him and headed straight toward Louis.

For half a second I thought Luke was going to stop Kyle, but he spun around in time to grab me roughly and whip us around just as a crack from the gun rang out. I gasped, dropping onto the ground with Luke holding me against him as terror tore me so coldly. The impact on my back sent a ring to my hearing and I was having a difficult time to breathe.  

"No!"

Luke held my head in his chest for a while before scrambling to his feet. I ignored the pain on my back as best I could, sitting up as I stared at the scene before me in shock. Luke was holding Kyle's back for him to sit up, gently moving his body to the position. Kyle was groaning past his clenched teeth, pain was written all over his face. My breath began to heave as I broke my eyes away from his face to look down to see a red staing growing on the sleeve of his shirt, near to his forearm.

Fuck!

Luke was whispering something into Kyle's ear before turning his focus on me, motioning to come forward. My legs trembled but I did my best to lift myself on both feet but slumped back to my knees beside Kyle, replacing Luke. I winced at the stench of blood filling in my nostrils like earlier, only this time I was looking right at the wound.

"I want you to hold Kyle for the time  being, Tris." I stared up at Luke in disbelief. What could he ask me to hold Kyle when he needed right now was sent to a hospital!

"He's bleeding fast!" I ripped a piece of fabric from the hem of my shirt, rolling it into a ball before putting pressure on the wound to slow down the flow of blood. Luke ignored me and stood up to face the asshole who fired the shot, glaring down on him. A new wave of fear washed over me as I held my breath, noticing the gun barrel was aiming at Luke's heart. 

"Where's Victor," Luke deadpanned, eyes never leaving the gun.

"He's busy." The raspy voice spoke with a thick Southern drawl, "what bring ya and ya pets here?"

"Tell Victor I'm not in the mood to play with his little bitch."

"Cute. You seem to forget his bitch is the one with the gun."