~*Chapter Twelve*~

- Do you believe in second chance?

~*Chapter Twelve*~

He's trying too hard to change the topic.

He peered at me past the rim of his mug, sipping the warm espresso very often before staring at the empty stage on the left. He had been avoiding any eye-contact with me after he mentioned that he was going to tell me the secret, whatever it was. Patient was all I had as I brushed my fingers through my hair to keep it out of my face, they were getting longer and annoying.

We were silent the entire time, with him sipping his endless espresso and me humming The Animals' House of The Rising Sun that was being played from the old-fashioned jukebox. I never thought people still owned that, and I thought it didn't exist anymore.

"Shit," he muttered under breath and his lips stopped moving. I smiled deviously and leaned forward with my bices pressed onto the table, my chin was on the back of my hand. Just when I thought he would never finish the damned drink, it proved me wrong. I stared him down, cocking one brow. He was nervous, I could tell. Luke kept on rambling cowboy curses, holding his mug even tighter in his hands. The 'I heart Texas' mug was going to burst if he didn't stop squeezing it.

All too quickly, he stood up and used his free hand to scratch his neck with one holding the mug. He laughed nervously and showed me his empty mug.

"Goin' to refill this." he blurted nervously before heading toward the bar. My eyes followed him as he leaned forward to the bar, asking Oliver for a refill. It took long enough before he sat back right in front of me, my gaze didn't leave at all. And I loved the feeling of his uneasiness.

He kept on drinking as I sighed boringly, "I'm pretty sure we came here for a reason. If you feel like wasting your time drinking several cups of bitter liquid, feel free to. I'm out."

I told him bluntly before it was my turn to leave. I wasn't shy anymore after I knew how cocky Luke was, to put it better I wasn't any near the word 'shy'. I only did it for politeness, meeting new people and all that crap. I would always be a spitfire, not even Luke could change that.

But his hand shot out as soon as I was standing up, holding me tightly around the wrist. He gave me a pleading look that had me sitting down again. I crossed my arms, leaning back to the chair. I shot him a glare which he rolled his eyes, so what if I was a little dramatic. It worked, right?

"Anything?" I asked calmly, putting my elbow on the table, leaning my cheek against my knuckles. Luke put down his mug and took in a deep breath, he too leaning in just like me. Our faces were only an inch apart from each other. His breath was tickling my dry lips, caffeine filled my nostrils right before he licked my lips with his moist tongue. I quickly pulled away and wiped away his saliva.

"Disgusting pig."

"It wasn't what you'd said the previous night." He added with a wink, sending a passionate rush in me. I groaned when I noticed he was trying to change topic again. I wanted to smack his head when his hand shot out for me, taking my cheek into his big palm. He pressed it gently against my cheek, and I could feel a new batch of blood being pulsed into it. Stroking slowly, he leaned in again. This time, he made sure I wouldn't say the same thing by giving me the sweetest kiss I'd never received.

Shit, here we go again.

*-*

The smile faded as his hands stopped stroking on my clenching thighs and rested against the side of my neck. His warm fingers brushed over the skin and slid through the strands of my hair. I shivered at the touch which made his grin got wider, revealing a set of perfect teeth. "Someone is sensitive."