~*Chapter Nineteen*~

-Is this going to be long? I'm not sure, but this chapter is important. At least for me. And I have decided to change this from 'HUMOR' to 'MYSTERY/THRILLER'.

Vote and Comment -large puppy dog eyes-

~*Chapter Nineteen*~

I should have told Channing Tatum I loved him before I came here.

After another round of awkward silence in the truck for the past two hours, Luke drove us up a narrow dusty lane. Every time a bump was triggered, the truck threatened to veer to the side and hit a tree. Yes, tree. Up until now I still thought it as a miracle to able to see Mother Nature around here, no longer a straight view of deserted land. I swore if I saw any spray of dust and gravel when the wind picked up, I would throw the Hawaii bimbo out the window although I actually came to love her. 

On the trees surrounding me, the leaves were just beginning their slow turn toward the color of emerald, glowing as the sun peeked over the horizon. I smiled as some birds spotting us and wanting to catch up with the truck, rustling through the leaves like the wind did. I was excited to share the sight with Luke but obviously he was distracted with whatever thoughts in that mind of his. It must be rare to enjoy such greenery around the town and he was being an ass by ignoring me to the extent I thought I was invisible. If it wasn't for his warm hand holding mine, the Hawaii bimbo would be on his gorgeous face right now.

I leaned on the window pane and took a lazy glance at the side mirror, noticing for the first time there're cars following us from behind. I sat up straight and looked over my leather seat, staring directly at Kyle who was driving his Volvo with his brother, Louis sitting next to him. He frowned when he noticed me, giving me a nasty sneer that I wasn't afraid to reply back with a middle finger straight up. I watched as Louis was yelling something -preferably cusses- at Kyle and pointing at my direction, making Kyle smacked him on the head like he did it with Jasper. I chuckled slowly and made sure he saw my victory dance, a fist pump with another bird on the air.

"Sit down, Tris. Or else you'll get hurt."

So the king spoke!

"I thought you swear off talking, my lord." I crossed my arms across my chest, looking away to one side and completely acting like a child. A pout on my face would probably earn me some gummybears but I wasn't aiming high. Besides, there's no use in seducing a man when he wouldn't even take a second to look at you. I went forward to play with the radio station but Luke caught my hand again and forced it to stay on his thigh. I couldn't use my other hand because I was madly fanning myself since the A.C. wasn't working again. Damn Luke and his fucking monster truck.

They released nothing but burning flame.

"I hope you choke and die."

Thumping of engine in the car.

"Are we there yet?"

Slapping of flags against the wind.

"Do you know I am half white and half Asian?"

Clanking of beer cans on the floor.

"I can totally deepthroat you right now if you want."

It seemed to be deja vu all over again when the truck's tires suddenly locked up and skidded a few feet away when Luke slammed on the brake. I yelped in distress, clinging to whatever I could hold on to. My eyes were nearly falling off my sockets when I realized we almost hit a tree face-on. I looked up and met Luke's accusing glare, completely blaming me for what had happened. I nuzzled my face in his arm and hugged it tighter before looking up again to give him my best innocent look.