41 - I Want You (To Stay)

a/n: what up, sunshine! our classes got suspended today because of the weather which means that i get to update our story here on schedule! the song rec for this chapter is Stay by Rihanna (covered by Fifth Harmony). let's get right to it, shall we? fingers crossed you'll appreciate this one! hearts!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Camila just stares at Lauren for a few seconds, her eyes speaking for themselves as Lauren's heart beats louder than she's ever felt it against her chest.

"I think I've always felt the same way, Lo." The smaller girl finally says, smiling at the realization that it is true. That somehow, even before she knew Lauren existed, she was always thankful for her. 

That she exists.

That the universe let them co-exist in this lifetime.

Let alone meet and do all the things they've been doing.

A few moments of silence pass as another song from Lauren's playlist starts and ends, the only sound coming from the subtle sloshing of the wine inside the bottle when it is passed back and forth between the two of them.

"It's getting pretty dark out." Lauren says, looking up at the now dark prussian shade of the night sky.

"You wanna head back and do my half of the date now?"

"Never thought you'd ask." Lauren teases.

Camila rolls her eyes at Lauren's playful tone but lets herself simmer in the fact that Lauren, the only person that's been circumnavigating her thoughts, is actually on a date with her.

"So how long have you been writing? Like, when did you start?" Lauren asks, ignoring the burning sensation on her arms as she paddled them back to the dock, keeping her eyes on Camila because as cliche as it sounds, the sight of the girl is enough to remind her that the pain is worth it.

Plus, at least she's getting a good workout for her arms.

"I honestly think I've been writing... ever since, you know? It's kind of like this constant thing that fits perfectly whenever I feel something - anything."

Lauren stays silent for a moment, like she's considering bringing up the next part, before letting out a breath and saying, "God, this is gonna make me sound like a stalker but you know I considered sending you... fan mail."

"What? Why didn't you?"

"It was around the time that you released your third book, if I remember correctly."

Camila squints her eyes, trying to recall which part of her past she wrote about in that book.

"It was about this girl named Khala and how she had to go through two heartbreaks at the same time. Like, at some point she figured out that Adrian, her boyfriend, was just using her for her success as a painter, do you... remember when you wrote about that?"

"O-Oh, yeah!" Camila exclaims, finally remembering who she wrote about in that book - Ariana. She chuckles slightly to herself when she remembers picking Adrian for the name of the backstabbing boyfriend just because for the sole reason of the name sounding remotely close to Ariana.