36 - Some May Call Me Crazy (But I Can't Get Enough of You)

a/n: whoa there, sunshine!! a chapter dedicated to just Shawn and Camila talking? have i lost my mind (i mean, i've never really been as normal as i could)? but this chapter plays a big part on what's about to come!! anyway, enough spoilers!! the song rec for this chapter is Captivate (Acoustic) by Miki Ratsula. let's get on with this chapter, yeah? hearts!!

xxxxxxxxxx

"W-What did you say?" Camila stutters, walking in front of Lauren to fully face the boy.

"Is Shawn serious about him being sent by my manager? Or is this just some ploy to have me all on his own?" Camila wonders to herself, crossing her arms over her chest protectively as she does so.

"Are you really gonna make me say it again? In front of... them?" Shawn looks Camila dead serious in the eyes, implying Dinah and Lauren's presence.

"Shawn I swear to God, if you're doing this just to --"

The boy takes a deep breath, seemingly to calm himself from how obstinate Camila's being, before moving in closer to Camila so that only the girl can hear and finally whispering under his breath, "Gian."

The writer's eyes widen as she feels herself freeze on the spot, thankful that Lauren couldn't see her reaction. Because 'Gian' is the real name of her manager that, similar to Camila, keeps a 'show name' or pen name of G. Mitchell.

Shawn raises an eyebrow at her, knowing full well that he's finally convinced the girl that he is telling the truth.

"Fine. Let's talk. But only for a few minutes because I still want to go back to the lake." Camila relents.

"Good. Come on, I know a place." Shawn says as holds his hand out for Camila who just opts to hug herself in a protective manner. 

The boy looks away, trying to act like Camila's rejection didn't affect him. So instead, he just turns around and begins leading the way for the two of them, slowly walking towards the general direction of the male's cabins. He walks in a manner that implies he's waiting for Camila to catch up to him.

Right when Camila was just about to begrudgingly follow him, she feels familiar soft hands grasp her forearm gently but firmly.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay with him?" Lauren asks, her face showing genuine concern which makes the smaller girl's insides feel warm for some reason.

"Y-Yeah, don't worry. I can handle myself." Camila nods, although sounding like even she's trying to convince herself that being alone with Shawn doesn't unnerve her the slightest bit.

"It's not you that I'm worried about, Camz."

"I know. But I promise I'm gonna be fine."

Lauren doesn't respond, the girl's brows only furrowing even further.

"Look, Lo, I --"

"Camila! Are you coming or not?" Shawn shouts from a distance.

The writer just rolls her eyes and begins to stomp towards Shawn, eager to finish whatever conversation she has with the boy that requires her having to be alone with him. But Camila doesn't get even three steps away when she realizes that Lauren still hasn't let go of her forearm. The smaller girl looks back at Lauren as if to say that she knows how bad this looks but that she just has to get it over with.