10 - Break Like An Artist (Part 1)

a/n: welcome back, sunshine!! i'm uploading this using my iPhone as i don't have access to my laptop at the moment (please forgive me for the grammatical mistakes). the song rec for this fic is Busyhead by Noah Kahan. i hope you do enjoy reading this chapter!! hearts!

xxxxxxxxxx

Camila is woken up by the almost harsh sunlight streaming in from the slits of her curtains. She takes a few more minutes to snooze back to a shallow sleep before she finally gets up to get ready for the events of the day. The brunette runs over them in her mind as she steps in the bathroom for a quick shower.

First: Grab coffee from Serendipity.

Second: Drive to the local clinic where she has set an appointment to meet her psychiatrist.

Third: Drive back to Serendipity to meet up with Dinah because her best has demanded to know how her talk with her psychiatrist went as soon as possible.

Camila takes it upon herself to asses that, well, surprisingly enough, she was not feeling overwhelmed by the idea of getting down to the roots of what she's been feeling. She rinses herself for a few more minutes before she steps out and looks at her reflection as she applies moisturizer on her face before putting on some light makeup to cover the dark circles around her eyes (it's part of how she somehow dissociated herself from who she was back then - from the Camila who was carefree and unafraid, to say the least).

The brunette finishes up getting ready - settling for a casual look by throwing on a leather jacket over her white shirt and ripped jeans. Before she knows it, she's already clutching her bag and keys as she steps out of her apartment, and  down the stairs to the basement parking where she has parked her black range rover.

Reaching for her car door's handle, Camila feels her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Camila's Manager: Send me your schedule and anticipated whereabouts for today.

She lets herself settle in the driver's seat before replying.

Camila: I'll be dropping by Serendipity in a few minutes to grab some coffee then I'll head straight to the local clinic in around half an hour, I guess. My appointment with her is scheduled to last for an hour and a half so I'll just update you by then.

Camila's Manager: Okay, good to know. And afterwards?

Camila: Well, Dinah asked to meet up with me right after I see my psychiatrist, so I just told her to wait for me back at Serendipity.

Camila's Manager: Okay, noted. Anyway, I figured I should let you know that I've talked to your psychiatrist last night right after you sent me her info. Her name's Naya Rivera and apparently, doctors automatically have this privacy policy thing so I didn't really have to have her sign a contract and the likes.

Camila: Was she... um, nice?

Camila's Manager: I wouldn't have let you proceed with your appointment with her if I found that she weren't.

Camila: I appreciate that. Thanks.

Camila Manager: No need to thank me. I'm your manager for chrissakes. Now, please do try to be productive. We need you all good so we can have another best-seller.

Camila sees no more reason to respond so she just drives across the street to where Serendipity is situated. She walks in and spots a short lightbrown-haired woman standing in front of the cashier with her lips pouted in concentration.

"Hey, Heather." Camila greets the barista who was a bit too busy showing the woman at the counter the coffee shop's menu.

"Well, would you like caffeinated or non-caffeinated drinks?" Heather asked the woman, clearly determined to show-off just what the quaint coffee shop has to offer.