097.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW.
( CHAPTER NINETY SEVEN ! )
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH, 1996.

• • • • •

"Are you sure he'll let us see him? With everything that's been going on and everything?" Mika stared at the side of Snoop's face, at an attempt to read his expression. The pair stood outside of the hospital room that was occupied by Biggie.

She would've never expected to be face to face with him at all. But when Snoop told her that he was going to visit him because of the fact he was got into a car accident alongside Lil Cease, he wanted to make sure he was good.

"Mika, the last thing that's on his mind is that so-called beef. It's time for us to come together because we already lost Pac, we can't lose anyone else. This has gone far enough, man." He had a look of worry on his face. She slowly nodded her head and watched as he knocked on the door.

They stood there and waited briefly until the door cracked open. Snoop looked back at Mika before the two stepped inside. Biggie was wheeling himself towards the middle of the spacious room in front of where the television resided. His eyes slowly darted in their direction, a smile creeping up on his lips.

He wasn't his usual energetic self, something was off about him. But Mika only blamed it on the fact that he was involved in an accident that left him depending on a wheelchair. "What's up, Big. How you feelin', man?" Snoop questioned as he leaned forward, giving him dap.

"I'm chilling. Taking each day one step at a time." He explained with a shoulder shrug. "Why haven't you said anything? I know I'm a fat and ugly motherfucker, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna hurt ya." He joked, causing Mika to grin before embracing him in a firm hug.

It felt refreshing to see someone she considered a brother at one point. It had been so long, but thankfully things were awkward between the two. "I'm sorry about Pac . . ." He lowered his tone as he looked down at the floor. He wasn't sure if he should've brought him up, but he just wanted to show that he was empathetic of the tragedy.

"Yeah, I appreciate that." She forced a smile on her face but it wasn't convincing at all. She was moving forward the best way she knew how not only for him or Amara, but for herself.

"I'm gonna give you two some time to talk." Snoop stepped outside of the room in a quiet manner. Mika pulled out a chair from underneath the table and sat across from him.

"I always wanted to reach out to you but we both know that would've only added more fuel to the fire." He admitted, his attention being fully placed on her face that reeked of pain.

"You're right, it would've. I hated that things had to be that way. You were like family and then things just switched quickly. It was too much for me to process and it was all starting to get even worst." She stared off into the empty area of the room.

"Mika, I never did anything to Pac. Especially not what I was being accused for. He taught me a lot and I looked up to him. He was there for me, even before Puff came into the picture. He saw something in me that I didn't even see in myself. I just don't get why things ended before we got a chance to hash out our differences. I was willing to do that." He was still hurt about the issue but he dealt with it alone.