094.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW.
( CHAPTER NINETY FOUR ! )
FIGHT NIGHT, PART NINE.

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH, 1996.

• • • • •

It was a dark aura in the vicinity, the once peaceful environment turned to pure quietness. Her entire world was shattering right in front of her eyes. She felt completely confused and couldn't believe that this was about to be a life changing moment-one that she most definitely wasn't prepared for. The morning felt like it was going by slowly and she was suffering terrible anxiety as she made her way inside of the room.

She was met with everyone who had been there for her as well as Tupac and she looked at Afeni who's eyes showed no life inside of them. She stood in the middle of the floor as she held onto the wall for support.

"Mika, are you okay? I think you should sit down." Jewell looked at her best friend who could barely keep her balance. "No, let me be." She responded, masking the sadness in her voice. She glanced around at the circle of people who waited for her to speak.

"Uh, I'm sure you all have been noticing that Pac's health has been declining tremendously . . ." Afeni and her sister Gloria, surrounded Mika, which made her feel some sort of encouragement, although it wasn't much.

"I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for a better outcome, but there hasn't been one. I look at how bad he's been doing lately and it makes me feel so selfish for allowing it. I've been too busy trying to keep him here when in actuality, he's yearning to be free. He's been depending on machines and we all know that Pac is the type of human being that likes to do things all on his own. It's been almost a week since he's been in here and he's been showing his strength to us all as long as we've known him," She struggled to get the words out of her mouth, but she knew it was her duty to be vocal with everyone.

"But he's fought a long and hard fight and I feel that it's time we all let him go." She finally released the words that had been lodged inside of her. Some of his family and friends stormed out of the room, due to not being able to handle the news. Her head began spinning, her vision becoming hazy and her balance was off as she fell onto the cold floor.

She sprung out of her bed, sweat drenching her whole entire shirt. Her chest heaved up and down way too quickly, making it hard for her to catch her breath. "Baby, breathe." Her mother, Cara handed her a bottle of cold water, forcing it open in the process.

She could barely open up her eyes, causing her to move her arms, pushing everything away. The water fell onto the floor, the liquid spreading out onto the hardwood floor. Cara rushed towards the lamp, flickering it on before taking her daughter into her arms, embracing her firmly.

"It's okay, honey. Your mother's here." She sighed, fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall. Seeing her daughter in so much pain crushed her, especially since she felt that there wasn't much for her to do. Things were fine days ago, but now it felt as if it was the end of the world.

"I don't want to lose him, mama. I can't let him go, I don't want to!" She screamed at the top of her strong lungs, instantly shattering her mother's heart into pieces. "Please just breathe for me, Mika. You're gonna feel worst if you don't control yourself." She placed her hand on top of her daughter's hair that was coiled up from all of the sweat.