015.

' 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒 '
nasir's residence ━━
new york, new york !

"You're going to this rehabilitation center and I don't give a fuck what you say about it either." Nas threw the brochure of New York Center For Rehabilitation in front of Janice. "Be more nice, Nasir, can't you tell that she's struggling?" Carmen ran her hand across her round stomach, looking up at her man. During our visit to New York, Nas allowed me and Janice to stay with him and his family, mainly so he could keep an eye on her.

"Carmen, stay out of this alright? I refuse to let her continue to do drugs and not do something about it. She's killing herself right in front of our eyes and I'm gonna put a stop to it." I nodded, agreeing with his words.

"Why are you nodding for? You think I'm some crackhead, huh?" Janice spat venomously, looking over at me. "No, J. I don't think you're a crackhead, I just feel like you need to get yourself clean, that's all." I reassured her but it was clear as day that she was getting frustrated.

"There's nothing wrong with me and I'm not going to rehab. I'm twenty six and I have the right to do whatever the fuck I wanna do. I think it's funny how you're trying to tell me how to live my life when yours isn't good either. You and Carmen can't even get your shit together and are only together for the sake of the baby. Let's talk about that. And Mika, you're allowing Tupac to cheat on your ass and ain't doing a damn thing about it, are you? I didn't think so. So, until your life is perfect, don't tell me how I should live mine. And this is how I feel about this rehab center," She tore the brochure into pieces, stomping onto it roughly before storming outside of the apartment, never looking back.

"I'll go talk to her." Carmen walked outside carefully, making sure not to hurt herself in the process. "Well, she told us, didn't she?" I chuckled lightly, although it indeed struck a nerve within me.

"I think you should call Tupac. You can't be in a relationship if you ain't communicating with the man. Spying on him isn't gonna help anybody, that just shows that you have trust issues." He was right, but I couldn't let him off that easy.

"Okay, but what about your relationship? Are you really with Carmen just because of the baby?" He hesitantly turned his head in my direction, before nodding. "Yeah, but I have a good reason for doing that. I don't want my daughter to grow up in a household without having both her moms and pops there. Is that so wrong?" I quickly shook my head as the both of us sat across from each other on the sofa.

"That's not a relationship though, Nas. You should want your daughter to see what's real instead of what's fake. As long as you're in your daughter's life, that's all that should matter." He nodded as he rested his arms behind his head.

"We're both in some tough ass predicaments, but I think you should really give him a call though. I know you're thinking about him. Shit, he's probably thinking about you too." I took his word for it and went into the guest bedroom where the telephone resided to give him a call.

I was a little nervous but I knew that I had to do it if I wanted to quit worrying about where we were in our relationship. We couldn't keep going on without speaking to each other. After dialing the number to the hotel room that I was most certain he was staying in, someone finally picked up.

"Um, hello?" The sound of a woman's voice could be heard on the other side of the phone. "Who in the hell is this?" I questioned, pulling the phone away from my ear, looking at it, to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.