011.

' 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟕, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒 '
21st annual american music awards ━━
los angeles, california !

"Aren't you happy about being nominated?" I stood in the mirror, looking over at the outfit I was going to wear at the 1994 AMAs. Not only was I invited, but since Tupac was nominated for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop artist, I was going to go to support him, although he wasn't too stoked about it.

Things were going good for me and stardom was finally at my grasp. Opportunities were starting to come left from right and I was taking it all in.

One of the biggest offers I received was last night when I was asked to open up for Janet Jackson at the 'Janet World Tour' alongside Tony! Toni! Toné!, Mint Condition, MC Lyte, Tevin Campbell, MN8, and Bill Bellamy.

Word on the street was that she liked my album and played it nonstop. And of course, I found that to be unbelievably amazing.

'Mika' was doing exceptionally well, climbing up the charts, debuting at #5 on the Billboard 200. My single, 'Yes' peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100, and happy wasn't the word to describe how I was feeling.

The only thing I was looking forward to now was getting a house and car, as well as giving my parents an upgrade, although I knew that they were gonna want to stay in Compton.

"Nah, you know I don't care about those awards. Besides, Dre is taking that win. And shouldn't you be rooting for your label mate anyways?" I quickly rolled my eyes at the thought of Dre.

Me and him hadn't spoken since that day at his house and Pac knew absolutely nothing about it. But to me, it shouldn't matter because me and him weren't even together when that happened.

"I'd rather root for my boyfriend instead. You deserve this nomination." He stepped out of the bathroom, giving me a clear view of what he was wearing. A beige vest with a white shirt underneath and light sweater, his cross chain hanging around his neck. He wore baggy denim jeans, and an orange tinted belt on as well.

Me, on the other hand, went with something more bold- a hot pink tailor suit with a black and white geometric print top, showing off my cleavage, and black high heels on my feet.

The makeup artists polished off my complexion with a slick of scarlet lipstick and a touch of golden eye shadow. My golden brown tresses were pulled back into a relaxed low ponytail, giving my now fully healed face exposure.

We were in a different hotel from the previous one- this one was much better to say the least. "Well, I appreciate you for believing in me. You're gonna be the baddest female at that award show too." He wrapped his arms around my slender waist, his lips pressing against mine.

"I don't know about that. I'm not on any of those females lev-"

"Don't you dare say that shit. You are everything." He spoke sternly as he gave me yet another kiss. "Okay, those are enough kisses because you might end up wanting more than that, I know you." He couldn't even deny it because he knew that it was true.

The unexpected door knock took us for a surprise but I walked over to it and looked through the peephole, seeing an unfamiliar woman. I opened it up and furrowed my eyebrows curiously.