046.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FORTY SIX : TO BE OR NOT TO BE GUILTY, PART ONE. )

❝ SURE 'NOUGH I KEEP MY HANDON MY GUN 'CAUSE THEY GOT MEON THE RUN

ON MY GUN 'CAUSE THEY GOT ME
ON THE RUN. NOW I'M BACK IN THE
COURTROOM, WAITIN' ON THE
OUTCOME. ❞

EXCERPT : 2PAC FEAT. SNOOP DOGG , 2 OF AMERIKAZ MOST WANTED.

Thursday, February 22nd, 1996 Beverly Hills, California

OMNISCIENT

AFTER SIX DAYS OF deliberations, the jury returned not guilty verdicts on the murder chargers against Snoop and his bodyguard, McKinley 'Malik' Lee. The two were seated in a silent manner as the Death Row camp cheered for them but the judge threatened to have them escorted out if they were to make another outburst. The next day, the jurors acquitted Snoop on the accessory charge.

It was a long journey for Snoop, but he fought long and hard for his freedom nonetheless. To celebrate his acquittal on murder charges, There was a party for him at Monty's in Westwood. Due to Mika not being able to attend his last court appearance, she felt it was her duty to celebrate along with them.

Especially since she knew for a fact that she would bump into Tupac there. Once he came back from New York, he had his mother Afeni bring Amara to Mika instead of doing it himself. It raised a red flag within her and that made her even more anxious to see him.

"What do you mean you don't want to come with me? Snoop was found not guilty, that cause for a celebration-"

"He's free, good. But why do you guys feel the need to celebrate that?" She kissed her teeth at his ridiculous question, placing her earring on as she looked at her reflection.

"Oh, let me guess, because he isn't one of your actor friends, you can't go, right?" She chuckled lightly, shaking her head.

"You know I didn't mean it like that, I just thought that we could relax and watch a movie together like we used to do. Since I've been back, we haven't been able to do that. It seems that you always put them first." He stood behind her in the mirror before walking off towards her bed.

"Don't even go there. I've been planning this wedding with you ever since you purposed. I've been trying to do all I can. I'm trying to be the best fiancée I can be so when we're finally husband and wife, it won't be so hard. I'm always being considerate of your feelings, so can you please just do this one thing for me?" She clasped her hands together in hopes that he'd finally oblige.