043.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FORTY THREE : MUSIC IS THE EPITOME OF LIFE. )

❝  NEVER MEANT TO CAUSE YOU NO PAIN

❝ NEVER MEANT TO CAUSE YOU NO PAIN. I JUST WANNA GO BACK TO BEING THE SAME. WELL I, I ONLY WANNA MAKE THINGS RIGHT BEFORE YOU WALK OUT OF MY LIFE. ❞

EXCERPT : MONICA , BEFORE YOU WALK OUT OF MY LIFE.

Monday, January 29th, 1996Beverly Hills, California

IT WAS ANOTHER DAY and another award show that I was going to attend-the 23rd Annual American Music Awards. But what made this particular award show so special, was that I was asked to perform, in spite of me not being in the limelight as much lately.

It was a huge honor and I most definitely wasn't going to pass on it, no matter how upset I was over what transpired with my mother. We hadn't spoken since that day and I had no intentions on reaching out to her either.

It hurt that I couldn't call her up and tell her the good news, she was just so stuck in her ways. As much as I hated to admit it, but I felt like I got some of my issues from her.

But besides from that, my father and I were repairing our relationship and we were working on growing back that bond we once had. I loved my father, regardless of the mistakes he made. Nobody was perfect, and as far as I was concerned, my father was indeed a real man.

"Mika, the guys are outside waiting for you." Jewell announced as she stepped inside of my bedroom. Amara was hanging on my hip, the both of us looking at our reflections in the mirror. She looked fascinated by looking at herself which was the cutest thing I had ever witnessed.

"Okay, well, mommy will see you later okay? You be good for aunt J." I smiled as I sat her down on the blanket, watching her begin to crawl in the area. The older she got, the more she was starting to do and it was happening so fast.

"Mika, come on, woman!" I overheard Suge call out my name, causing me to kiss my teeth. "I'll see you later, and If Larenz happens to call, leave a message for me. I know I'll practically be out all night since I'm going with those guys." I shook my head, pointing towards the door.

"You go have fun, let loose." She sent a smile my way as I stepped out of my bedroom. Once I made it to the top stair, eight pair of eyes landed on me-Snoop, Suge, Pac and an extra guest, MC Hammer.