051.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FIFTY ONE : NEW BEGINNINGS. )

❝ WE WERE AS ONE, BABE

❝ WE WERE AS ONE, BABE. FOR A MOMENT IN TIME, AND IT SEEMED EVERLASTING, THAT YOU WOULD
ALWAYS BE MINE. ❞

EXCERPT : MARIAH CAREY , ALWAYS BE MY BABY.

Wednesday, April 24th, 1996 Vernon, California

OMNISCIENT

IT WAS NOW OFFICIAL, Future Mr. & Mrs. Tate had bought a home together. Ever since Mika left Death Row, she was dedicating all of her time to being a family woman. She was catering to her man the best way she knew how and raising her growing daughter.

She was all over the media for leaving the label but that was to be expected. Journalists came up with the most ridiculous stories as to why she left because she didn't put out an official statement but she was just going to let them run with it.

And Tupac wasn't making it any better by dragging her and Dre's name through the mud for not being down anymore. He made claims that they were sell outs and were the opposite of loyal.

But Mika only turned a blind eye to him and everything pertaining to him. She didn't expect much from him anymore.

"Isn't everything so much better now? I don't have to worry about you being in danger anymore because you're not around that bullshit of a label." Larenz moved a strand of hair behind Mika's ear before planting a subtle kiss on her lips.

"Of course it is. I just hate that it took me this long to figure it out. But, it's better late than never, right?" She flashed him a smile. Most of their belongings were unpacked but there were still some that weren't.

Their housewarming party was today and she was a little on edge because she was going to be meeting her future Mother-in-law, Peggy, Father-in-law, Larry, and brothers-in-law, Lahmard and Larron.

Her parents weren't going to be able to make it, but Afeni offered to fill in for them. Although Mika and Tupac weren't seeing eye to eye anymore, Afeni refused to choose sides. She wanted peace.

"Lala!" Amara stood next to Larenz, tugging at his pants to gain his attention. That was the nickname she gave him due to the fact she couldn't say his name.

He leaned forward and took her into his arms. "Hey, babygirl. You ready to see your bonus family?" He tickled her sides, causing her to laugh as he smiled at her infectious giggles.

The doorbell rung and Mika walked towards it and looked through the peephole, realizing it was Afeni. She wasted no time opening it up and wrapped her arms around her. "Faye, it's nice to see you." She held onto her tightly, not wanting to let go.