057.

❝ there are some feelings that refuse to go away . they're little distractions whispering in your ear . some things just get under your skin . try as you might , you can't ignore your instincts . it's like they say ; always follow your intuition . excerpt , meredith grey .

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾 .
( CHAPTER LVII : can't fight this feeling. )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ˢᵃᵗᵘʳᵈᵃʸ, ᵐᵃʸ ¹¹ᵗʰ, ¹⁹⁹⁶.
ᵐᵃⁿʰᵃᵗᵗᵃⁿ, ⁿᵉʷ ʸᵒʳᵏ.

IT WAS AN EARLY private screening for the film Love Jones and although things were awkward between Nia and Larenz, they had to put their personal business to the side for the sake of their careers. They hadn't seen each other since the interaction at the restaurant the other night so both of them were on edge about seeing each other again.

He didn't want to leave Mika but Jewell insisted he work while his fiancée got taken care by the staff as well as get visitors who'd make sure she was never alone.

Larenz checked into the hotel he'd be staying in and after retrieving the keys to his suite, he traveled to the elevator and pressed the button. He waited a few seconds and once the doors opened, he saw her standing there. He stuffed his hands into his pockets nervously, stepping inside before clearing his throat.

"Uh, hey, Nia." He glanced at her momentarily before facing the front of the elevator doors that eventually closed. "About the other night, I'm truly so-" He stopped her from furthering her sentence by waving it off along with a shoulder shrug.

"No need to apologize, it was a mistake. I don't hate you for it, it was a heat of the moment type of thing." He brushed it off as if it didn't mean a thing to him when in reality it did.

"No, I want to apologize. I was being stupid for trying to take advantage of you while you were in a vulnerable state. I'm not the type of person to do such a thing and for that, I'll forever regret it. You're in love with Mika and you're engaged to her, I shouldn't have overstepped my boundaries like that." She sighed quietly, hoping that he'd accept her deepest apology.

"It's okay, really. You're my friend Nia and you might not believe it but you've been helping me keep a smile on my face lately. I was down and out during this whole incident my fiancée got into, and without you, I don't know what I'd be doing with myself now. I appreciate you so much that I'm not going to let what happened the other night hinder us from remaining friends. We don't ever have to discuss it again, cause it was something so little." He had his attention turned towards her as the elevator doors finally opened.